[Unpopular Opinion] EFT should be invite only

point8

With the big focus and keyword I keep seeing being thrown around being security, why isn't EFT invite only? The requirements could be as simple as an account lifetime of 3 months, or a previous EFT (or any cheese, really) subscription. Judging from the activity in the chatbox alone being flooded with EFT questions, my uneducated guess is the EFT cheat would absolutely still be a killer hit and money maker. The purpose of invite only wouldn't be for exclusivity, but rather to keep the cheat safe until the staff feel comfortable slowly trickling in higher numbers.

With even just the requirement of an already once active EFT cheat subscription, most of the users on this forum would probably be satisfied. (uneducated guess lololol) But it keeps out the mob of newcomers who could flock to the cheat and have it flagged. If you've paid attention to EFT hacks, two cheats have already entered the scene and have been detected within days.

I think keeping the cheese to an already established group of customers from the forum, while slowly introducing more customers, keeps reports low, ban numbers low, and attention low. I think it's the right play when security is the buzzword on these forums.

What do you guys think? I could be totally wrong! I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks.

• Like 3

Yup with ID verification this would be awesome as Chods already have a big EFT community and they can introduce newcomers after verification and some conditions being met. Invite only tend to last for a long time, some providers been UD for years with cheese for Rust, Dayz and PUBG etc. 

1 hour ago, mecha said:

Yup with ID verification this would be awesome as Chods already have a big EFT community and they can introduce newcomers after verification and some conditions being met. Invite only tend to last for a long time, some providers been UD for years with cheese for Rust, Dayz and PUBG etc. 

And what do you want to do with all the people that have a running subscription?

I alredy asked this question in reply on one suggestion. Still no reply from admins or mods about what they think.

I think that this would be good idea for start, but you have to take in consideration, that it would raise the price of the cheese. 

VIP cheese for EFT and other games goes for about 100€ and they have limited amount of users.

I would really like to see some thoughts of the mods here.

Invite everyone that had an EFT before the release of BattleEye. The whole idea of going private is to keep BattleEye employees out they buy the cheese and reverse engineer it to make it detected. The number of people using the cheese is more or less irrelevant as long as they don't work for BE. This forum has people from BSG and BE in it already.

Edited by BillNyeTheNaziSpy

2 hours ago, BillNyeTheNaziSpy said:

Invite everyone that had an EFT before the release of BattleEye. The whole idea of going private is to keep BattleEye employees out they buy the cheese and reverse engineer it to make it detected. The number of people using the cheese is more or less irrelevant as long as they don't work for BE. This forum has people from BSG and BE in it already.

Pretty sure BSG had a sub here anyway, or even battleeye. Wouldn’t work.

3 hours ago, ???????? said:

And what do you want to do with all the people that have a running subscription?

Well they just need to send ID and play by the new rules. It’s not your fault BE got implemented and those that don’t want to share their ID with you should just find another provider.....something they will never be able to find since BE been implemented. Cuz when BE is invited to the party Public cheese is pretty much dead anyway so whatever they subscribed already or not is irrelevant for them now as it’s in their own interest to go private.....it’s minimum 45€ for EFT and they should be happy if the cheese go private., if not then something stinks. 
Since Chods is trusted provider it’s no problem to trust chods and give ID...well that’s my opinion 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, regimantjux said:

yee i play long time and no ban no nafing smart ppl play not have ban but not smart always has problem and have ban

With BE no matter how smart you are....it’s more about detection of the hack. That used to be true with BSG own AC but with BE......it’s always matter of when and not if.

16 minutes ago, mecha said:

Well they just need to send ID and play by the new rules. It’s not your fault BE got implemented and those that don’t want to share their ID with you should just find another provider.....something they will never be able to find since BE been implemented. Cuz when BE is invited to the party Public cheese is pretty much dead anyway so whatever they subscribed already or not is irrelevant for them now as it’s in their own interest to go private.....it’s minimum 45€ for EFT and they should be happy if the cheese go private., if not then something stinks. 
Since Chods is trusted provider it’s no problem to trust chods and give ID...well that’s my opinion 

Even if its semi private with ID verification it wouldnt be hard for BE or BSG to get their hands on the cheat.

35 minutes ago, ???????? said:

Even if its semi private with ID verification it wouldnt be hard for BE or BSG to get their hands on the cheat.

Thanks for responding @Faceless!

Is invite only a model that you and the staff have thought about? I know I might be asking a bit too much, can't help being curious. I've seen you yourself bring up security almost as if its the core of the company, so I'm curious: you seem almost opposed to the idea of invite only. Do you think it could help with detection rates, or would it even help security at all? Are you against invite only?

Sorry if it seems like I'm attacking you, I'm not. In the end, you guys will make the right decision, and all of us here are sure of it.

Edited by point8

even if someone did verify with their id you would still not know if they were a BE or BSG employee/contract employee. If there was a way for the system to detect who was banned based off of account information from loading the cheese then you would be able to see if it was someone actually attempting to use but then it would just be a hindsight deal. This is a huge grey area and i dont really see a solution that would prevent it from getting into the hands of those we dont want it to. The one thing im thinking that might make sure the ID was legit would be to have the user connect to the cheese without altering their ip for the first time and then use that ip location in association with their address on id as a second form to verify that. Or you could pose as a company attempting to verify employment and call their work to make sure that was something accurate XD. 

4 hours ago, wikedsik said:

even if someone did verify with their id you would still not know if they were a BE or BSG employee/contract employee. If there was a way for the system to detect who was banned based off of account information from loading the cheese then you would be able to see if it was someone actually attempting to use but then it would just be a hindsight deal. This is a huge grey area and i dont really see a solution that would prevent it from getting into the hands of those we dont want it to. The one thing im thinking that might make sure the ID was legit would be to have the user connect to the cheese without altering their ip for the first time and then use that ip location in association with their address on id as a second form to verify that. Or you could pose as a company attempting to verify employment and call their work to make sure that was something accurate XD. 

well there was a provider that managed to be UD for 8months with ID verification but then they opened up to public, they got detected within 1 week.

4 minutes ago, mecha said:

well there was a provider that managed to be UD for 8months with ID verification but then they opened up to public, they got detected within 1 week.

Is this true? If you provided proof of that, or the name or something to the staff, it's literally an undeniable reason to go ID only or have some sort of prerequisite for purchase. Undeniable reason.

37 minutes ago, point8 said:

Is this true? If you provided proof of that, or the name or something to the staff, it's literally an undeniable reason to go ID only or have some sort of prerequisite for purchase. Undeniable reason.

It was Dayz SA hack, but  I won’t bitch about it. They know what they’re doing and they know more than me, they are the ones with insight and I’m just sharing my opinions. I don’t care if I get banned as that’s normal when you cheat, I just hope they make the best decisions for us and we should be aware that getting banned isn’t about if but when. 
that’s how the cat & mouse game is. 

Im curious, why do many seem to think having people provide ID will avoid BE getting their hands on the cheat... you really think its that easy? think BE publish the name of every person they having working for them or they could use to get it??? This is just dumb.

Also as Feary said, them getting the cheat means nothing, they cant just reverse engineer it.

I do not think the issue with detection is in "Getting hands on the cheat". Every application can be hashed, this cheats work with servers so they basically mutate every hour or so. So yes, they can get the cheat but no way to see what it does  or look for "similar" cheats.

What I see as problem is amount of people using it. Once the cheese is released, the same day shitload of people will start using it 1) because subscribtion will unreeze 2) because they cant wait to use it.

This could be easier to detect if maybe 1000 people start cheesing in one day. Then BE can detect some minor changes the cheese does in client communication with server and this can get detected. 

So my plan is way more simple. Unfreeze subs when BETA is ready. But do not allow new ppl to buy yet. Give it some time. Because if there is some ban threat its biggest right after the release when EVERYONE will use it.

2 hours ago, Rexx said:

OK but do you honestly think they need our/your advice? 

They know what they want/are going to do and you can bet its better informed than anything we might think up... leave them to it.

You're 100% right there but I think this is more for us mortals that just need something to think about.  People are getting very restless so any kind of glimmer of hope for an earlier and safer release gets attention like a pile of shit gets flies.     And I don't think (or at least I hope) we are not bothering the devs and moderators with our conspiracy theories.  

3 hours ago, makemeawesome said:

I do not think the issue with detection is in "Getting hands on the cheat". Every application can be hashed, this cheats work with servers so they basically mutate every hour or so. So yes, they can get the cheat but no way to see what it does  or look for "similar" cheats.

What I see as problem is amount of people using it. Once the cheese is released, the same day shitload of people will start using it 1) because subscribtion will unreeze 2) because they cant wait to use it.

This could be easier to detect if maybe 1000 people start cheesing in one day. Then BE can detect some minor changes the cheese does in client communication with server and this can get detected. 

So my plan is way more simple. Unfreeze subs when BETA is ready. But do not allow new ppl to buy yet. Give it some time. Because if there is some ban threat its biggest right after the release when EVERYONE will use it.

I get what you're saying and it makes sense.  my sub ran out so I'm kinda left out in your solution and as long as i get a safer way to cheese, I'm all for it.   I think releasing a limited quantity of subs or releasing it based on status in the community would be a good way to test the cheese in real time and also dilute the chance of cheese on cheese in the first few days/weeks.   This way you might also be able to at least narrow down the time frame and the release group to help locate the rotten apple in the basket 

10 hours ago, Rexx said:

Im curious, why do many seem to think having people provide ID will avoid BE getting their hands on the cheat... you really think its that easy? think BE publish the name of every person they having working for them or they could use to get it??? This is just dumb.

Also as Feary said, them getting the cheat means nothing, they cant just reverse engineer it.

I'm not really big on the whole ID verification thing, but I do think an invite system could benefit the cheese until it can sustain higher numbers. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I think that once the doors open for the cheat, it will have users flock to it and we will see a banwave. I'd love to be proven wrong! It has happened to all the other cheeses since 0.12 has dropped, and while I trust Chod, I also respect BE. It's a tough cookie to crack. 

Dudes! we are a community of like-minded and reasonable folks.  We could realistically put out a mass message and agree to not abuse the cheese... use it to spot campers and avoid player contact... Bop Scavs in the head as often as you'd like and and loot the shit out of every orifice without keys.  If players are left alone with their loot, they will not bitch and moan and we all get to do what we love... Too simple of a solution, I know, but sometimes simple is the way to go.    

6 hours ago, mazurko7 said:

Dudes! we are a community of like-minded and reasonable folks.  We could realistically put out a mass message and agree to not abuse the cheese... use it to spot campers and avoid player contact... Bop Scavs in the head as often as you'd like and and loot the shit out of every orifice without keys.  If players are left alone with their loot, they will not bitch and moan and we all get to do what we love... Too simple of a solution, I know, but sometimes simple is the way to go.    

I'm in.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mazurko7 said:

Realistically this would not happen.

• Like 1