Scavs don't shoot if you are a BEAR????

mazurko7

This is an odd one and I wanted to see what y'all thought or experienced. 

I am a native Russian speaking person and have been excited about Tarkov since it was announced.  I have been "playing" (more like struggling to survive) for about a year now and in .12 wipe i decided to play as a BEAR... last night I did a factory run and a scav yelled out in Russian (hey countryman, we don't want to shoot you).  I always played as a USMC so that was never a line I heard...  So i walked out in to the scav's line of site and....         HE DIDN'T FIRE OR ENGAGE.   I had a little bit of loot so I did not test my luck.  I looted a body RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM and then dipped out.. 

I have not tested this theory since last night but wanted to see if this was just my experience.   

P.S.  Please don't try this with any good loot,  like I said this only happened to me once.  

Also some of the shit the scavs say is hilarious and their names are mostly dirty jokes.  

Edited by mazurko7

6 hours ago, JesusIsDead said:

I play bear in factory a lot and i get shot all the time. Probably some desync as servers are acting up. Especially when it thinks you are  a pmc from previous raid or scav from previous. ( stat bugs ) 

That actually makes sense! I have had a few instances where gear from previous raids ends up in current, so i must have shown up to the scav as as scav due to previous raid....     Man how i wish demographics of the avatar played in to how its played.    

1 minute ago, mazurko7 said:

That actually makes sense! I have had a few instances where gear from previous raids ends up in current, so i must have shown up to the scav as as scav due to previous raid....     Man how i wish demographics of the avatar played in to how its played.    

well they might be both russian, but scavs are basically people with nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they would shot you just to steal your dogtag and sell it for vodka :D

also, soon you will get the usecs with affinity to nato weapons, and bears with eastern weapons and this itself is an advantage. Yes, the game has RPG parts in it, but I think that which character you play should not make much difference in the gameplay. I would rather see the karma of PMC killing scavs, oposite team players or same team players. that you could be nice to scavs and earn their "trust". but since the introduction of clothing this is out of the table, first USEC gear looks like some homeless scav (same shitty grey as some scavs have) you basically have 0 chance to recognize bear vs usec unless you learn all 30 combinations of clothing that will stick out of 50 different armor or tactical vest color options ... 

2 minutes ago, makemeawesome said:

well they might be both russian, but scavs are basically people with nothing to lose and everything to gain, so they would shot you just to steal your dogtag and sell it for vodka :D

also, soon you will get the usecs with affinity to nato weapons, and bears with eastern weapons and this itself is an advantage. Yes, the game has RPG parts in it, but I think that which character you play should not make much difference in the gameplay. I would rather see the karma of PMC killing scavs, oposite team players or same team players. that you could be nice to scavs and earn their "trust". but since the introduction of clothing this is out of the table, first USEC gear looks like some homeless scav (same shitty grey as some scavs have) you basically have 0 chance to recognize bear vs usec unless you learn all 30 combinations of clothing that will stick out of 50 different armor or tactical vest color options ... 

I agree man,  doing a scav raid and trying to figure out who not to shoot is a pain in the ass.  Also stealth should be a factor and scavs seem omnipotent.... Like if I kill a scav that is alone and in the dark, the other scavs feel the pain of their fallen brother and somehow know exactly who did it.... Just let me be a dirt bag, kill a scav and blame the USECS.  

8 hours ago, mazurko7 said:

I agree man,  doing a scav raid and trying to figure out who not to shoot is a pain in the ass.  Also stealth should be a factor and scavs seem omnipotent.... Like if I kill a scav that is alone and in the dark, the other scavs feel the pain of their fallen brother and somehow know exactly who did it.... Just let me be a dirt bag, kill a scav and blame the USECS.  

I think this works like that already. We tested that actually, in 4 people we stabbed SCAV to death on construction next to the mil base, then walked to gas station, killed player and player SCAV who engaged us and walked next to AI scav on the station itself who ignored us, stabbed him to death and went to the bus station, shot about 3 scavs there and then the same in complex, with 0 engage from the scavs, only when we did the shooting close (I killed scav on the bus station -> immediately got shot at by the other who my teammate missed) but those who did nt see us did not shoot.

I do not think this was desync, everything else was allright, I just think they have a radius, not exactly "viewrange" just radius.