Previous bans and questions about them

backlash

So recently I've been led to believe that if I have an account banned on CSGO I must re-install my windows with a new HWID to protect myself from getting an untrusted ban on a new account even if I didn't cheat on it at all. Is this true or are people just being crazy?

I've read through steams TOS and it says nothing about tracking people through HWID at all. Also doesn't prohibit the creation of new accounts to repurchase any game you might have been banned on.

Just now, winter said:

You don't need to do any of that, just make a new account and you're golden :)

Thought so. Being a technician and avid law fanatic I thought this was all conspiracy theories. Dumb people over at (a cheat provider I won't name) are adamant that Valve track previously banned players. (users and some moderators but not the coder)

Thank you Winter and continue with the videos, they're great!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, backlash said:
Thought so. Being a technician and avid law fanatic I thought this was all conspiracy theories. Dumb people over at (a cheat provider I won't name) are adamant that Valve track previously banned players. (users and some moderators but not the coder)

Thank you Winter and continue with the videos, they're great!
that cheat provider and you mentioned the ''dumb'' u forget to add  ''autism'' :v

2 hours ago, panic11 said:

Just so you know re-installing Windows does not give you a new HWID.

A HWID is connected to your hardware, not your software. HWID=Mac Address

Hardware Identification depends on what the coder has coded. It could very well use some info from the HDD which would change on format.