What have we been working on?

Chod

• Administrator

Things have been quiet round here for a while, and that's not because we have forgotten about you. It's actually because we've been working hard in the background on a secret project called FIREFLY.

What is firefly?

Firefly is the fourth version of Chod's Cheats to be released. For this version, the cheat has been redesigned from the ground up including a brand new framework, GUI, and client. Not only that but we are creating a brand new website to replace this one.

Why make a new site?

The current site is a bit convoluted as the main site runs from wordpress, the member panel is a custom PHP site, and the forums are vbulletin. There's not any coherence between the different areas of the site, for example when a news item gets posted on the main site we have to repost it on the forums. Also, vBulletin is quite outdated and the support is non-existent, so moving forward we've decided to go with IPS which will allow us to merge the main site, members panel, and forum into one (also meaning single sign on). Here's a sneak preview of the new members panel:

206d064c7f.jpg

The new site will also include a support ticket system, so you can get support direct from a member of staff at any time.

Will my forum account be merged into the new site?

Yes. All data is being transferred to the new site, including forum accounts, private messages, forums, threads, and posts. However, we won't be doing this until the last minute to make sure we get the most up-to-date snapshot.

What about my paid subscription?

As the cheats are being full coded from scratch, at the time of launching the new site the only cheat available on the new Firefly framework will be CSGO. All other cheats will remain active until all subscriptions expire, after which the cheats will be deactivated until they have been recoded for the new framework. Users will have the option, if they prefer, to switch their subscription to the new CSGO cheat. This will be explained in more detail when the time comes but the underlying message is: your subscription will not be cut short, you will get what you paid for and also be given the option to switch to the new cheat free of charge.

We realise not all of you play CSGO and we can only apologise for the inconvenience but assure you that your cheats will be active again as soon as humanly possible.

Will Firefly support any leagues?

Yes, Firefly will support:

• FaceIT
  • VAC
  • Matchmaking
  • EAC
  • SMAC
  • CEVO

Note: Expect this list to grow

Firefly is 100% screenshot proof and stream proof on all anti-cheats so full visuals are enabled, including the in-game GUI.

Can we see some screenshots of the new GUI?

Just the main menu for now ;)

7d4790b46b.jpg

Are there any other improvements?

The HWID system has had a complete overhaul. We no longer include your hard-drive in the hash as it was getting changed after a reformat and causing false positives. This will vastly reduce the number of requests. Also, if your hardware ID changes but only one hardware item changed and your location has not greatly changed, your HWID will be automatically reset so no more waiting for a staff member! Another change to the system is that you will be limited to 2 resets per month free of charge (this includes automatic resets, any more and you will have to purchase more). This has been done to stop people from abusing the system (which they have been).

When will it be done?

The client, server, and csgo cheat are at about 90% completion. The new site still needs some work but is at about 60% completion. As a rough guess everything should be complete within 2 months.

206d064c7f.jpg.2c2d90887b688e44307ccfa13

7d4790b46b.jpg.0b82fb104b3a233af1dd46a2a

its gonna be same link site or changing to new site??? and i wish Esea cheats soon :) since CEVO/EAC/FaceIT is up keep up the goodwork chod bestofthebest i use this since the beginning 1vacs as far :) since i joined here still no problem with it its UDT

• Administrator
its gonna be same link site or changing to new site??? and i wish Esea cheats soon :) since CEVO/EAC/FaceIT is up keep up the goodwork chod bestofthebest i use this since the beginning 1vacs as far :) since i joined here still no problem with it its UDT

Same site, that transition should be seamless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i really like the new layout, its not as dark and sketchy. the theme button is for different website layouts or client layout?

edit: nevermind, noticed that that was the cheat menu and not the website

Edited by hy0m

• 4 weeks later...

so any news about when it will be released?

When will it be done?

The client, server, and csgo cheat are at about 90% completion. The new site still needs some work but is at about 60% completion. As a rough guess everything should be complete within 2 months.

Chod posted it on : 03.06.2016 , so end of august maybe

Edited by OrXiuS

• 2 weeks later...
that's lame. why not just finish it before posting so much about so we don't have to sit here and wait..

Awareness, hype, promotion.

It would be confusing for people if suddenly our whole infrastructure changed without any notice, or mention of such a thing.

Trust me, we do want to release, however at the same time we also want it to have a certain amount of polish before release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...