Overwatch banned

johnw

When i do it in game just says got overwatch ban and also a vac ban

If it says overwatch banned then it isn't the cheat,

Overwatch is a community driven system.

When you play matchmaking and a certain amount of people report you, you get put into the overwatch system for review.

Then other CS:GO players watch the demo from the match you were reported and judge what you've done, like griefing, trolling, unacceptable chat/voice, cheating.

They judged you as a cheater so you got banned.

I've changed your thread title from "vac banned" to "overwatch banned" to not cause confusion.

If it says overwatch banned then it isn't the cheat,

Overwatch is a community driven system.

When you play matchmaking and a certain amount of people report you, you get put into the overwatch system for review.

Then other CS:GO players watch the demo from the match you were reported and judge what you've done, like griefing, trolling, unacceptable chat/voice, cheating.

They judged you as a cheater so you got banned.

I've changed your thread title from "vac banned" to "overwatch banned" to not cause confusion.

Yeh i already no about the overwatch system but i got a Vac ban also with the overwatch ban

Overwatch turns into a VAC ban. This has nothing to do with the cheat being detected, but rather you not being able to hide your cheats.

Wrong. Unless something changed VERY recently "Overwatch" does not turn into a VAC.. untrust does and that is definitely a detection of a cheat feature. While it isn't necessarily a VAC detection because the cheat could run with no features and be fine.. being flagged as untrusted during a game and being instantly VAC'd after is nothing better. It can be interpreted however you like, but I would say that a feature getting flagged and resulting in a VAC is a detection itself unless specifically advised to stay away from that feature. In that case I'd blame ignorance on the user's behalf for not caring enough to look up the status.

In this case, I didn't read the original post or look at the screenshots. I simply stopped in to say overwatch is the user's fault for being too blatant. No need to ever report an overwatch no hack will ever be 100% overwatch proof.

Hi just to let you no that i got a vac ban about 1 hour ago

your title says overwatch, but body says VAC, but

A) Overwatch, no matter what, will always be 100% your fault

B) VAC? I'm not so sure, it might depend on what you were doing or if you used another cheat provider, better to get info from an admin, or post any past cheats that you may have used.

I don't know a physical way to give you proof, mainly because i dont remember any login info from my banned accounts, but ive been OW banned twice and they've never turned into VAC. The only proof is this is the only account ive been banned and i could find the profile again for overwatch. And i dont mean to brag, but after a year and a half of cheating, ive improved MUCH so im not a an idiot and get OW unless im raging. Anyways, there you go

Edited by mag7god
@Erbhy

I don't know a physical way to give you proof, mainly because i dont remember any login info from my banned accounts, but ive been OW banned twice and they've never turned into VAC. The only proof is this is the only account ive been banned and i could find the profile again for overwatch. And i dont mean to brag, but after a year and a half of cheating, ive improved MUCH so im not a an idiot and get OW unless im raging. Anyways, there you go

Login to those accounts via steam client. Once you've logged in, it might appear that you've been vac banned.

I do recall getting overwatched ban due to raging, and I never logged back into the account til a month later and it was not labeled as vac banned until I relogged back in a month later.

Login to those accounts via steam client. Once you've logged in, it might appear that you've been vac banned.

I do recall getting overwatched ban due to raging, and I never logged back into the account til a month later and it was not labeled as vac banned until I relogged back in a month later.

I honestly would if i remembered login info. I just change the steamguard email to an alternate email and ditch the account

This may also have to do with the fact that they have changed how overwatch works.

IIRC you used to just be banned for 365 days for cheating. At the same time or around the same time they changed it to a permanent ban, they also had it flag your account for a VAC ban. My guess would be since you never logged into the account since the change(s) it never saw the overwatch cheating ban and thus never flagged your account for a VAC ban.

Either way overwatch bans for cheating definitely get your account VAC banned now.

Wrong. Unless something changed VERY recently "Overwatch" does not turn into a VAC.. untrust does and that is definitely a detection of a cheat feature. While it isn't necessarily a VAC detection because the cheat could run with no features and be fine.. being flagged as untrusted during a game and being instantly VAC'd after is nothing better. It can be interpreted however you like, but I would say that a feature getting flagged and resulting in a VAC is a detection itself unless specifically advised to stay away from that feature. In that case I'd blame ignorance on the user's behalf for not caring enough to look up the status.

In this case, I didn't read the original post or look at the screenshots. I simply stopped in to say overwatch is the user's fault for being too blatant. No need to ever report an overwatch no hack will ever be 100% overwatch proof.

Untrusted turns into vac? Got untrusted for 1year and 1month ago, still no vac.