So if you get VAC banned because using cheats on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, does it just completely lock you out of your account or only prevent you from playing matchmaking in CSGO?

I've heard many people say it only prevents from CSGO

I've also heard many people say it prevents you from CSGO matchmaking and doesn't let you trade or sell but you can still buy and play other games like DOTA for example..

Anybody know?

I've heard many people say it only prevents from CSGO

I've also heard many people say it prevents you from CSGO matchmaking and doesn't let you trade or sell but you can still buy and play other games like DOTA for example..

When you're VAC banned from CSGO, it is the entire game and any server that runs VAC, including offline with bots. And any current item on the VAC'd account is also a lost, since you won't be able to trade, sell, or do anything with them.

But this VAC ban is only applied to the one video game itself and doesn't transfer over.

If you're VAC'd on CS:S, you'll still be able to play on VAC servers on CS:GO.

When you're VAC banned from CSGO, it is the entire game and any server that runs VAC, including offline with bots. And any current item on the VAC'd account is also a lost, since you won't be able to trade, sell, or do anything with them.

But this VAC ban is only applied to the one video game itself and doesn't transfer over.

If you're VAC'd on CS:S, you'll still be able to play on VAC servers on CS:GO.

The items will only be locked for the specific game he is banned in