cant talk in shoutbox

Jacco

so from now u can only talk in the shoutbox about what? ur personal stories? anyway when u post a thread where does it say that people commented on it? theres not really a notification for threads is there? ive always had to manually find my thread to see if there are any comments on it. thats why its easier to post in the shoutbox cuz its so easy to get back there and see if there is an answer. that notification tab is only for messages right?

You can always find your recent posts by clicking on your name at the top right hand corner. Taking you to your member/profile page.

thanks i see. Still a bit of a hassle gotta go through each thread or remember how many comments were on it last time u looked. Would be better if it came up in notifications with like "omgimgay has posted on thread 'can't talk in shoutbox'" then u click it and it takes u to the thread. pretty basic notification system and would make this forum soooo much more user friendly and would make the threads/forum used more and community would be closer.

Edit: also how would u see that i commented after you? does it say i quoted your post on ur profile.

thanks i see. Still a bit of a hassle gotta go through each thread or remember how many comments were on it last time u looked. Would be better if it came up in notifications with like "omgimgay has posted on thread 'can't talk in shoutbox'" then u click it and it takes u to the thread. pretty basic notification system and would make this forum soooo much more user friendly and would make the threads/forum used more and community would be closer.

Edit: also how would u see that i commented after you? does it say i quoted your post on ur profile.

There's not functionality like that in vBShout to show when a person replies to you.

You can click on the "You last visited: Today at 12:03 AM : You Have 8 Unread Posts" to see the latest posts, unread threads have a special marked color. It will also show who created the thread, last reply, section, thread name, etc.

I actually know a website with that functionality. Sends you a PM when someone has quoted your post. Pretty cool.