Buy question

LiquidaiM

If I will buy a steam account from 2003 and i change the email, the first owner can recover this account somehow ? Or when you change the email its totally your?

Its a big doubt :P

A guy offer me very nice account from 2003 but its expensive, he want sell with middleman but I dont know what he can make after that.

Thanks for answers!

If I will buy a steam account from 2003 and i change the email, the first owner can recover this account somehow ? Or when you change the email its totally your?

Its a big doubt :P

A guy offer me very nice account from 2003 but its expensive, he want sell with middleman but I dont know what he can make after that.

Thanks for answers!

Yes,the original owner can recover the account in someway, However it is extremely unlikely. Changing the email only gives you direct access to reset passwords, and codes sent to that email is steam guard is enabled.

The seller could always report the account stolen to steam, and then the account becomes locked by steam, and the only way to recover it , if you have proof of purchase. Usually they ask for the original cs cdkey. To unlock the account to you.

If you are in control of the account, turn off Steamguard. Then change the email to your own as well as changing the secret question and so on. Just change all the security settings for the account. Then turn on Steamguard, and you should be good to go.

Correct me if I am wrong.

There is no reason to disable steam guard. Just change the email followed by the password and secret question.

Yes,the original owner can recover the account in someway, However it is extremely unlikely. Changing the email only gives you direct access to reset passwords, and codes sent to that email is steam guard is enabled.

The seller could always report the account stolen to steam, and then the account becomes locked by steam, and the only way to recover it , if you have proof of purchase. Usually they ask for the original cs cdkey. To unlock the account to you.

Normally if you buy an account from 2003 (unused/unverified) - you should be safe. m