xyzippy

Private server ban

Hey everyone, 

I am really hoping someone can help me out.... 

If a private Dayz server bans me, how can I get around this? I made a new steam account, bought the game again, and after three hours of playing on the server they  manually banned me again for ban evasion.

How did they detect me? IP address?  I was originally banned two years ago so I'm sure my ip has changed since then.  

Do I need to a full restore on my pc, make a new steam, buy the game? 

On 5/25/2020 at 3:06 AM, 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 said:

Probably ip if its just a server ban.
If you have a static ip it usually stays the same.

I have a dynamic IP, that much I know for sure. I actually called my ISP - asked for a new IP and was told no. WTF.

Anyway, im just confused how they knew it was me.  I had Steam account A that was banned over a year ago from this server.......  I just created a new Steam account, bought DayZ again and was able to get on their server.  3 hours later I was manually banned for ban evading.  What are the odds my 100% dynamic IP is the same from well over a year ago? 

How could they possibly know it was me?

When I made a new Steam account it linked it to "Steam Account A" on my PC.... it brought over the library and whatnot, I still had to buy DayZ again since there is no family share.  Did this linking of my Steam accounts somehow tip them off?  Do private DayZ servers have that much information?

This is really frustrating the hell out of me....

Edited by xyzippy

They can see that you logged in from the same hardware/ip with a new account, steam has a feature that you can lookup if someone has logged in from the same ip and hardware.

Even if you have a dynamic ip, they can trace you on the hardware and mac addresses and windows, ive ran dayz sa servers for years and i use to do this to ban ppl trying to avoide a ban.

if you used the banned steam account, then logged out of it and created a new steam account, the 2 steam account will be flagged as "connected" steam account and its really easy to see your the same guy even if you got a new pc and ip, as the 2 steams would allready be connected.

The only real way to get around it, is to format windows then use a hwid spoofer and vpn, then create a new steam account(or buy one from a account seller, to avoide getting the account linked) if you do this they cant track you again, just dont login to your old steam account on this pc or it will connect your new with your old.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xpi said:

Thank you so much for your reply, seriously. You're awesome. I'll even give you the steam account with dayz on it for helping me (it's past refund play time). 

Okay, so I have windows 10. If I do a factory reset back to out of the box conditions, I will still need a hwid spoofer?  

I am going to call my isp and get a new modem/router tomorrow. That's the only way I can apparently get a new ip address. If they don't let me have a new one I will literally end my service tomorrow and switch to someone else.  I don't want to use a VPN since it slows down ping... I heard a lot of private dayz servers are detecting vpns lately anyway. I was wrongfully banned from this server and I'm pissed dude. 

So I guess I got the new IP lined up, formatting my pc is easy enough... It's just the hwid spoofer that's gonna be an issue. I've read they're a pain in the ass. 

Edited by xyzippy
Mentioned vpn specifically

I played on this server for thousands of hours and it's so fucking lame how I got banned. Un fucking believable. The admin who banned me is such a fucking scum bag. I did nothing wrong at all man, except for the ban evasion obviously.. 

Edited by xyzippy

it might not be necessary to use a hwid spoofer aslong as you havent logged into your "new" steam account on the same windows as your old steam account.

So you might want to try the following first.

Reinstall window

buy a new steam account with dayz allready added to it(or get a friend to create one that dosent use steam, dad/mom/sister etc etc pc)

After reinstalling windows you can then login to your new steam account(dont login to your old acc or they will get linked)

this might be enough(if you can get a new ip/vpn) if you end up getting banned again, iam afraid you will need a spoofer.

on a small side note, if you get a good vpn like NordVPN your not gonna have any ping issues but yes some servers block the use of vpn's they cant ban you for it but they just kick you.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:27 AM, Xpi said:

it might not be necessary to use a hwid spoofer aslong as you havent logged into your "new" steam account on the same windows as your old steam account.

So you might want to try the following first.

Reinstall window

buy a new steam account with dayz allready added to it(or get a frie         that dosent use steam, dad/mom/sister etc etc pc)

After reinstalling windows you can then login to your new steam account(dont login to your old acc or they will get linked)

this might be enough(if you can get a new ip/vpn) if you end up getting banned again, iam afraid you will need a spoofer.

on a small side note, if you get a good vpn like NordVPN your not gonna have any ping issues but yes some servers block the use of vpn's they cant ban you for it but they just kick you.

Thank you so much for all your help man...really badass.   And I was serious about that DayZ account if you want it its all yours... just send me a private message and ill give you the login info.

I think its crazy that server moderators have the ability to see which Steam accounts are "linked" like that.  When I got busted for the ban evasion I was playing for close to 5 hours before I got kicked from their server, so it clearly isnt an automatic ban, the mods must have somehow saw/figured out it was me and issued the ban......   Does some kind of warning pop up when there is a player in their server with a steam account linked to a banned steam account?  Or were they just looking into everyone on the server really close and somehow figured it out by themselves?   Crazy....

So if I make a Steam account and buy DayZ on my girlfriends computer, that DayZ "cd key" will be tied to her hwid. When I log into that Steam account on my PC, will the "cd key" change to match the current hwid from my pc? Or wil it always be registered to her info.

I read that if I get a new modem/router from my ISP it will be a different IP... is that true?   I was going to change ISP completely but because of the corona bullshit the other ISP isnt coming into peoples houses to set up new customers.  So im going to just try and swap my modem out for a new unit. 

I have a dynamic IP address but the damned thing hasnt changed in months.. I go to ipchicken.com  to get my IP address., is this the address they see when I get on their server?

Dynamic IP changes only change slightly anyway, if they see an IP that is close to one they banned they might get suspicious.

Edited by xyzippy

1 hour ago, xyzippy said:

Thank you so much for all your help man...really badass.   And I was serious about that DayZ account if you want it its all yours... just send me a private message and ill give you the login info.

I think its crazy that server moderators have the ability to see which Steam accounts are "linked" like that.  When I got busted for the ban evasion I was playing for close to 5 hours before I got kicked from their server, so it clearly isnt an automatic ban, the mods must have somehow saw/figured out it was me and issued the ban......   Does some kind of warning pop up when there is a player in their server with a steam account linked to a banned steam account?  Or were they just looking into everyone on the server really close and somehow figured it out by themselves?   Crazy....

So if I make a Steam account and buy DayZ on my girlfriends computer, that DayZ "cd key" will be tied to her hwid. When I log into that Steam account on my PC, will the "cd key" change to match the current hwid from my pc? Or wil it always be registered to her info.

I read that if I get a new modem/router from my ISP it will be a different IP... is that true?   I was going to change ISP completely but because of the corona bullshit the other ISP isnt coming into peoples houses to set up new customers.  So im going to just try and swap my modem out for a new unit. 

I have a dynamic IP address but the damned thing hasnt changed in months.. I go to ipchicken.com  to get my IP address., is this the address they see when I get on their server?

Dynamic IP changes only change slightly anyway, if they see an IP that is close to one they banned they might get suspicious.

Lets take em 1 at a time :)

Server admins can install a plugin that will log the steamid/ip/hwid, and this plugin can then crosscheck if any of them has a ban on them, so it might not seem automatic but in most cases it is, its just not checking all the time and steam has a max connection it can search pr hour so ban evasions can take a few hours to kick in.

If you buy a new dayz account on your gf pc, and then login to your own pc where you used the old acc, the new account will be flagged and most likely get banned. Now that said, if you make a real clean of your pc and dont login the any banned accounts so that after you make the new account on your gf pc and only login with this new account on your own pc(its importent you have never logged any other steam acc in on this windows install) theres a good chance it wont get banned(but there is a chance depending on what they logged)

The best way is to make the new acc on your gf pc, then install windows fresh on your own pc, get a vpn/new ip´  you should be good to go. A hwid spoofer will make it ever more safe but might not be a requirement.

Regarding your router question, this is more tricky to answere as it depends on your isp, some isp assign a ip to your model thats build in the wall of your house and you cant just change that, and other assign the ip to the router, i would contact your isp and ask them if getting a new router would get you a new ip, if not you should look into a good stable vpn, you can get a stable vpn for around 10$ a month at most.

dont worry about dynamic ip's as its less and less used externaly, most isp that tell you that you have an dynamic ip its really only dynapic in the server cluster your connected to (within the isp's server farm) and not an external dynamic ip, so the ip the game server see is static even when your ip has changed, this is why a vpn is the best way to change your ip.

hope this helps.

So i was banned in that wave when you had the cheese here.  Only got a " dev/game ban"  No vac or anything..  Fast Forward 6 months, I bought a Steam Account with Dayz on it already and it has worked fine ever since. I have not spoofed my ID;s or used a VPN.   I did however uninstall all Dayz bullshit before installing and signing into that bought account and installing the game over.   I do switch between those accounts all the time, soo I dunno.

edit... I DID get a NEW SSD    so maybe that helped

Edited by LexiiAussie
Spelling

9 hours ago, LexiiAussie said:

So i was banned in that wave when you had the cheese here.  Only got a " dev/game ban"  No vac or anything..  Fast Forward 6 months, I bought a Steam Account with Dayz on it already and it has worked fine ever since. I have not spoofed my ID;s or used a VPN.   I did however uninstall all Dayz bullshit before installing and signing into that bought account and installing the game over.   I do switch between those accounts all the time, soo I dunno.

edit... I DID get a NEW SSD    so maybe that helped

well a dev/game ban is not the same as a server ban, and if it was your first most likely your not hwid banned + getting a new hdd should clearn a hwid ban as they mostly ban hdd's

But if you were to get banned from Server X and on the same pc made a new account and joined that server again you would be banned quite fast for ban evasion as the new account would be linked to the banned account, if that makes sense.

ahh gotcha, so  just "game banned" then, meaning i cant launch DAYZ from that specific account?  Cause Ive been to all the same servers I used the cheese on on other account and so far soo good.