Raid0 with banned drives? Who has done it?Questions...

BigDawg

Ok, I understand raid0 works with giving drives new serial. But I was hearing that bios,(software) raid isnt really safe, and that hardware raid controller was best option.

So I purchased one and been ok. Its been almost 2 weeks and I've not be banned on EFT again, playing  legit of course.

Question  and concern is, when I got banned, I had 4 drives, 2 2.5 ssds, and 2 .m2. I connected the 2 2.5 ssds and put them in raid0 thru raid controller, and removed the 2 m.2s. I was thinking about reinstalling the 2 m.2 and doing bios raid0 with them BUT Im skeptical, because in hwinfo it still shows my legit serials for those 2 drives. When I run cmd command it does show the name I gave them, but as I said, not when I check in hwinfo. That just makes me feel BE will have some way to see those real serials.

Please can someone give me some insight on the safety of bios raid? How long have some banned users been using raid0 thru bios and been safe after? Is it a way for BE to see those real serials, as I can in hwinfo program?

With my raid controller, it doesnt even show real serials in hwinfo, but obviously  there is now way to connect my m.2s to a hardware controller, so that option is not an option.

Edited by BigDawg

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have been reading many forums including yours, I wanted to know if doing this would solve my HIWD BAN problem and incidentally ask you some questions.
1-I have two disks, 1 110 GB ssd and another 960 GB HDD, when doing a raid 0, the final capacity will be 1070 GB?
2- from what I understood the best thing is to do a raid 0 with hardware and then reinstall the windows, the doubt that I have is that when I put ¨ wmic diskdrive get serialnumber¨ will I get the name that I put to that raid? or that has nothing to do with the serial number that will come out after doing everything, because they told me that you have 3 cases: There are 3 cases:
(A) Your serial turn to zeros. "00000000000000"
This is the best case scenario, you don't ever have to worry again about being HWID banned in a BattlEye game.

(B) Your serial turn to random numbers.
This is the also not bad. If you ever get banned, you will need to re-raid and follow the steps again. This will change your serials and your good to go again.

(C) You will get "Volume1"
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/KtpSuU1.png

3- if when doing the raid I do not have the serial number: 000000, can I continue to do other raids until I have that serial number: 00000?
 4- I also have to clean the disks or is that done only after doing a raid 0?
5- you when you did a raid 0, when you installed windos and put wmic diskdrive get serialnumber in the cmd, did you get: serial number: 000000000?

On 7/20/2020 at 10:36 PM, Paulinho_25 said:

Hi, I have been reading many forums including yours, I wanted to know if doing this would solve my HIWD BAN problem and incidentally ask you some questions.
1-I have two disks, 1 110 GB ssd and another 960 GB HDD, when doing a raid 0, the final capacity will be 1070 GB?
2- from what I understood the best thing is to do a raid 0 with hardware and then reinstall the windows, the doubt that I have is that when I put ¨ wmic diskdrive get serialnumber¨ will I get the name that I put to that raid? or that has nothing to do with the serial number that will come out after doing everything, because they told me that you have 3 cases: There are 3 cases:
(A) Your serial turn to zeros. "00000000000000"
This is the best case scenario, you don't ever have to worry again about being HWID banned in a BattlEye game.

(B) Your serial turn to random numbers.
This is the also not bad. If you ever get banned, you will need to re-raid and follow the steps again. This will change your serials and your good to go again.

(C) You will get "Volume1"
Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/KtpSuU1.png

3- if when doing the raid I do not have the serial number: 000000, can I continue to do other raids until I have that serial number: 00000?
 4- I also have to clean the disks or is that done only after doing a raid 0?
5- you when you did a raid 0, when you installed windos and put wmic diskdrive get serialnumber in the cmd, did you get: serial number: 000000000?

Hi.

1. Raid0 has to be same type disks. So either 2x SSDs or 2x HDDs or 2x NVME. At least from my experience with ASUS MB it did not allow me to raid0 SSD with nvme. Regarding capacity, it would be 220GB (correct me if Im wrong) (basically doubles the size of the smallest disk - the rest is unused). That is why ideally you want same size disk. So if you had 2x 110GB SSD you would still gain 220GB in raid0.

2. Lol I even know which source this comes from. Once you raid0 the serials are scrambled automatically. Most likely to different numbers.

3. i would just test after first raiding the disks if you have what you want. If not - redo the process and hope for the best.

4. It is not strictly needed to clean them. What you can do before reinstalling is un-raiding your disks thus making them "corrupt". If this is your first time and they are not yet raided, sure - wipe them, even better if you do multiple passes of inserting random data (low level formatting).

5. I did it twice and both times I got some random numbers. Your mileage may vary.