Status Update

Faceless

Soooo,
just to let everyone know, we are still looking into the reason for the bans. To make it clear, not everyone got banned, the majority of users is still fine.
Please don't think that the cheat was never undetected as i saw some people assuming this. We would not release a cheat if we werent sure that it's undetected.
We all know that BSG and BE are watching us and take action immediately so i can't go into details here. BSG always had a special focus on us, maybe they don't like us for some reason. ?
We will keep working on it and let you know if there are any news that can be shared.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

12 minutes ago, ???????? said:

Soooo,
just to let everyone know, we are still looking into the reason for the bans. To make it clear, not everyone got banned, the majority of users is still fine.
Please don't think that the cheat was never undetected as i saw some people assuming this. We would not release a cheat if we werent sure that it's undetected.
We all know that BSG and BE are watching us and take action immediately so i can't go into details here. BSG always had a special focus on us, maybe they don't like us for some reason. ?
We will keep working on it and let you know if there are any news that can be shared.

It's a disappointing result which I'm sure has knocked a lot of us. But we have to appreciate the determination from Chods to make sure the product is safe. I personally wasn't banned despite injecting so I've got nothing to rage about. No other public cheat offers the same protection chods has. That's a fact.

• Like 1

• Administrator

We were testing it for months, long months.

Tested on many system and situation as possible. All were fine, the stars aligned. And then it happened :(

We would appreciate if people would stop spreading fake fear mongering info, and making the situation worse than it looks like.

Please send everyone to this topic if they are unable to find it... as search option is very elusive for some users.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I dont know much about anticheats, but if BE has a special focus on you guys, you are screwed. The days of EFT cheat remaining undetected for over half a year are over. I believe the better option is to give the cheats out to trusted people. I know i arent among them, but its sad to see cheating die. Fuck the straight shooters. Cheating 4 life. 

Good luck Chod. 

Edit: Also, EFT cheat costs now more than double it did previously. I cannot afford to sub to it every month like i did before. I never play EFT without cheats, as the game is an endless grind, and cheating makes things more fun. 

Edited by Anarchy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ramnoodle said:

i would suggest doing limited slots for a amount of time to test if its the chat itself or how people use it

How do you determine if someone is more trustworthy than others?

How other users would react to some people able to use a service they paid for, meanwhile they are not allowed?

As i said previous, we tested the cheat before release. We will not release anything "might be detected or unsafe" to the public.

You're not test subjects, you're customers who we value and trying to protect.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Feary said:

How do you determine if someone is more trustworthy than others?

How other users would react to some people able to use a service they paid for, meanwhile they are not allowed?

As i said previous, we tested the cheat before release. We will not release anything "might be detected or unsafe" to the public.

You're not test subjects, you're customers who we value and trying to protect.

rly appreciate it , dont give up !

Unless Chod found a way to circumvent BE without using r0 bypasses, the cheat will keep getting hit like a train just like this thread said and all previous dangers would still be there.

Public cheats don't last anymore, even private cheats that gets to big are swatted out of the sky and if the cheat uses the same signed drivers to get pass kernel/r0 protection everyone that used it gets banned. A lot of people here has been way to Gullible to realize that.

The only solution I can see is a very step price increase, limited users and screening of sorts. Not touching the cheat until that happens.

• Like 1

I think it's important to say that the cheat itself might have not been detected. Imagine following scenario. 
Chod releases a cheat
BSG detects that cheat has been released
Customer buys the cheat and uses it
Customer starts to be succesfull with it, increasing his k/d ratio, surival ratio, loot extracted amount etc. 

If BSG knows the cheat is out, it's just a matter of simple data analysis to determine and identify people with sudden stats improvement. This is even more relevant in cases where these accounts were offline for extended periods of time, coming online the same day cheat was released.

So the cheat might be fine, this might be further supported by the fact that not all accounts were banned. Problem with this is that it might be impossible to find exact reason for the ban, since there is none (at least from the cheat's point of view) 

When it comes to making cheat private, well. It doesn't make whole lot sence really. As a provider of any software, you want to sell your product to as many people as possible. Making the cheat invite only would drastically reduce the potential income for chods.
On the upside, it could increase the security overall. Then again, if someone from the private group gets detected, he/she could be easily blackmailed (by the threat of ban) into providing access to the group and therefore voiding the purpose of the private cheat. Hell, someone from within could even approach BSG or BE on their own, with idea of making money by snitching. 
In general, I don't think that making cheat private is worth the hassle, since it's hardly a foolproof solution.

I think that during the early days of EFT, we got used to the fact that we could cheat in the game and if done ,,properly", we were safe. With battle eye, this changed and possibility of a ban will always be here now. I still belive that Chod is the best provider on the market, but I think that shift in the mindset is nessesary. 
What I see here is people who are used to cheat without any limits and expecting to be fine, which was possible before the battle eye. Now, situation is different, BSG has teeth now and we need to change our idea of what to expect from cheating in this game. Safety can no longer be guaranteed. 

There are simply things not even chod can do, an effort must be made by the customer as well (for example keeping an eye on the stats). I can easily see someone paying 50$ for the cheat being angry about a ban and directing this anger towards chod and his team. However, reality of the situation dictates that burden of responsibilty lies both on chod and the customer himself.

Edited by MrdkoBijec
  • Like 4

IMO the game is worthless without the cheese, endless grinding, glitches, and people who has tons of time for sniping with mosins. yeah, its funny without cheese sometimes, but not so many times lol, and after you achieve something, then comes the wipe and goodbye. 

i only play the game because i like the program that Chods makes, but with these many eyes on this group, it will be the hardest thing to make progress. i miss the good old days, when the game was fun, cheesing was fun. But right now only some private cheats and chods will be on the market, and it will be chore to battle it out. Every single mofo who has lust for the cheese will come here and get it and many will rage, and that will only put more pressure on the development. 

Its hard to tell whats the best, but i really do respect the whole team here, the community, and if anything can be done, chod will do it. 

• Faceless unfeatured and unpinned this topic