EFT Crashing bad

RandomLatvian

Hey people. I got weird issue, my eft keeps crashing my pc. I turn on pc log into eft and within 1minute it crashes and reboots itself. I can play any other games on ultra all day long without any issue but not eft. I did a fresh windows install and eft too, was fine for few days but started to happen again. Any one had similar issues? Advice is much appreciated. 

Intel i7 9900k

Nvidia 1080ti

Ssd

32gb ram 

Corsair water cooling for cpu

850w power supply

Razer peripherals

Aoc 144hz monitor and benq zowie monitor 144hz too. Thank you

check your heat on CPU when playing EFT.

only a few games stress out CPU like EFT does and 9900k is quite shit with heat management. all-in-one watercooling is nice but less effective than good noctua, so its quite possible your CPU is overheating. try to run some CPU benchmark and see. reason why other games work is simple- most games have bottleneck in GPU which wont overheat if working fine. EFT has allways bottleneck in CPU if your setup is balanced. I have 1080ti too (the 11Gb version) and it never uses more than 40% on EFT? while my 7700k is running 90% all the time.
I have around 60-65 celsius while playing eft, having presurised cooling in my pc, when I play other games I ussualy jump around 50, so overheating might be a thing

1 hour ago, makemeawesome said:

only a few games stress out CPU like EFT does and 9900k is quite shit with heat management. all-in-one watercooling is nice but less effective than good noctua, so its quite possible your CPU is overheating. try to run some CPU benchmark and see. reason why other games work is simple- most games have bottleneck in GPU which wont overheat if working fine. EFT has allways bottleneck in CPU if your setup is balanced. I have 1080ti too (the 11Gb version) and it never uses more than 40% on EFT? while my 7700k is running 90% all the time.
I have around 60-65 celsius while playing eft, having presurised cooling in my pc, when I play other games I ussualy jump around 50, so overheating might be a thing

Ok will try to do, might replace thermal paste too if I'm at it, haven't done it for more than a year. Tnx for reply sir :)

18 hours ago, makemeawesome said:

Just did a stress test on cpu for 10min with intel extreme tuning utility and the temperature holded from 57 to 65 Celsius. Dont think it's a overheating issue.

57 minutes ago, RandomLatvian said:

Just did a stress test on cpu for 10min with intel extreme tuning utility and the temperature holded from 57 to 65 Celsius. Dont think it's a overheating issue.

OK. Thats expected temperature with this cooling. Other options, have you checked your GPU drivers settings? Similar behavior is possible with for example Nvidia Screencapture (dont remember the name) sometimes. Or if you have some special program for Network card. Do you maybe use Killer or similar program? I had issues for example with Nahimic in WoT games. Crashing every time I launched it until I removed Nahimic.

40 minutes ago, makemeawesome said:

OK. Thats expected temperature with this cooling. Other options, have you checked your GPU drivers settings? Similar behavior is possible with for example Nvidia Screencapture (dont remember the name) sometimes. Or if you have some special program for Network card. Do you maybe use Killer or similar program? I had issues for example with Nahimic in WoT games. Crashing every time I launched it until I removed Nahimic.

Got all drivers up to date, checked them at device manager,seems ok there. I dont use nvidia overlay in game and no other programs, fresh install, just windows and tarkov lol :D cuz tarkov is life :D I did change compatibility to windows 8 and run as an admin, changed in game settings to low and auto ram cleaner on and it hasn't crashed the pc yet, although the game just closed once without giving any error report or something like it, just closed on it's own

40 minutes ago, sethy21 said:

Resit all the cards and memory. Check and resit cables. Also update bios. Then go to drivers.

Hmm good idea. Haven't checked the bios version, tnx man. I did build pc on my own but I'm far from being a pro when it comes to these things, will try to sort it out and report back in case some1 has similar issues 

25 minutes ago, Rexx said:

Any overclock on your GPU at all?

No it's all default, haven't overclock anything, just been in touch with microsoft and we found what's exactly causing the crash, windows full screen optimization was the issue, haven't crashed yet after the changes, will see how it's holding on.... will report back after few tests.... much appreciated the help guys....tnx

2 hours ago, Rolle said:

I assume its working all right now ? and if you haven't disabled the win10 gaming overlay, you should. Causes many issues with games down the line.

I haven't played it in a while, been really busy lately. I will get back at it sometime later and will report it back. Tnx for suggestion man anyway....

1 hour ago, Rockstar23 said:

Mines actually been crashing quite a bit recently too

I got mine down to just quitting the game and not freezing my machine, so now the game just close itself like with alt f4 and it only happens in menus not in the raids. I'm really busy with promotion at work and haven't played in a while but as soon as I get chance I will report it back. I'm kind of hopeful that the windows in game overlay is at fault cuz I have tried all other things with no positive results, if that doesn't work I might give up on it.

Edited by RandomLatvian

4 hours ago, RandomLatvian said:

I got mine down to just quitting the game and not freezing my machine, so now the game just close itself like with alt f4 and it only happens in menus not in the raids. I'm really busy with promotion at work and haven't played in a while but as soon as I get chance I will report it back. I'm kind of hopeful that the windows in game overlay is at fault cuz I have tried all other things with no positive results, if that doesn't work I might give up on it.

Yea whenever i'm in raid it freezes every once in a while and absolutely nothing works than i get the big blue error saying it crashsed

Have you tried turning it off an on again?

Seriously tho, try reinstalling your drivers from scratch. You can do this through the Geforce-Experience App. Message me if you need details. 

If that does not help try booting into safe mode and seeing if that helps. 

After that you will have to reset the PC I guess. If the issue still accurs after resetting, you will have to test one component at a time.