The 'WTF IS HAPPENING?' Thread

Chod

On Aug 21 Chode stated...

When can I expect to start cheating again?

While we don't normally like to give ETA's, in this circumstance we feel its important to give you some truthfulness. All our systems are progressing rapidly, we would like to have a beta ready in a couple of weeks, but please don't be mad if we don't make that deadline! 

Can we get some real news?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Freakingenius said:

On Aug 21 Chode stated...

When can I expect to start cheating again?

While we don't normally like to give ETA's, in this circumstance we feel its important to give you some truthfulness. All our systems are progressing rapidly, we would like to have a beta ready in a couple of weeks, but please don't be mad if we don't make that deadline! 

Can we get some real news?

no one here will give you any news. When they deem it necessary to release a product, they will release it. And it makes no difference to them that they initially said that it would take 2 weeks and might linger a little. Well, 2 months have passed, so I have little hope for that something in the near future. By the way, I myself don’t understand why DBD was disabled? I understand that you want to update the loader and the product itself. But the cheat was not found to be disabled and updates can be performed without shutting down, in general this is very strange.It’s just accumulated over 2 months, I apologize to the guys.

I'm quite a patient person, but even I'm starting to get slightly annoyed now.  They gave us a 'we would like' timeframe of 'a couple of weeks' for a beta nearly two months ago. All we've had since then is a couple of pictures and some text updates, in a very limited capacity and very rarely.

Time is marching on now, being that we're this far in with no mention of an end in sight I think a 'State of play' update once a week or twice a month isn't unreasonable and either this or something similar should be considered. The player base has shown loyalty in sticking around, show us some with regular updates now that everything has been down this long. You'll find a well informed user base will be 99.9% more understanding of any delays or issues. Trust me, I've done this in my work and it makes a world of difference.

Ok, I'm ready to be abused by the fan boys screaming 'in chod we trust' and 'dont ask for updates'. This isn't to say I don't trust him and the team, just don't leave us so in the dark after dev has taken this long. 

Edited by chuubs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, chuubs said:

I'm quite a patient person, but even I'm starting to get slightly annoyed now.  They gave us a 'we would like' timeframe of 'a couple of weeks' for a beta nearly two months ago. All we've had since then is a couple of pictures and some text updates, in a very limited capacity and very rarely.

Time is marching on now, being that we're this far in with no mention of an end in sight I think a 'State of play' update once a week or twice a month isn't unreasonable and either this or something similar should be considered. The player base has shown loyalty in sticking around, show us some with regular updates now that everything has been down this long. You'll find a well informed user base will be 99.9% more understanding of any delays or issues. Trust me, I've done this in my work and it makes a world of difference.

Ok, I'm ready to be abused by the fan boys screaming 'in chod we trust' and 'dont ask for updates'. This isn't to say I don't trust him and the team, just don't leave us so in the dark after dev has taken this long. 

i agree with you. especially with the tarkov update and wipe coming out soon it would be cool to know if itll be ready for this upcoming patch or if itll be a while longer. taking this long gives me hope that when they release it, it will be on another level though. 

• Like 1

Guys, coding a Framework + bringing back all the Cheats from SCRATCH is not a task that is done within a couple of hours. Then also, the AC Devs are working constantly on updating their Detectionmechanics, which Chod has to Bypass. That's like the fight of David vs Goliath.

I am also very hyped for the new stuff and a bit tired of waiting for it, but I know that Chod will come back stronger than ever before. I'm here since a few years and also have been a loyal customer at his old project (EA in case anyone still knows it) and have always been very satisfied with his work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DmK2k12 said:

Guys, coding a Framework + bringing back all the Cheats from SCRATCH is not a task that is done within a couple of hours.

Its not a matter of it taking too long, its that there has been nothing from Chod or his team. I know we won't hear an ETA, they never really know, but i would like some reassurance or some kind of progress update. 

All things considered, this isn't looking good.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DmK2k12 said:

Guys, coding a Framework + bringing back all the Cheats from SCRATCH is not a task that is done within a couple of hours. Then also, the AC Devs are working constantly on updating their Detectionmechanics, which Chod has to Bypass. That's like the fight of David vs Goliath.

I am also very hyped for the new stuff and a bit tired of waiting for it, but I know that Chod will come back stronger than ever before. I'm here since a few years and also have been a loyal customer at his old project (EA in case anyone still knows it) and have always been very satisfied with his work.

It's really not a matter of not understanding how long it takes for it to happen and more of a "we paid for a service that is no longer working and would like some updates". We all understand its hard work, and I'm sure nobody here cares if it takes 3, 5 or even 6 months as long as we had some transparency from them. They've got a lot of our money, and we have absolutely no idea whats going on with it. 

In my opinion they aren't releasing updates because they're probably pretty boring.

Like I get the anxiety of wanting to see something but in reality the updates would probably be:

Added 300 lines of code.

Removed 50.

Added 100 more lines of code.

And that's only like a quarter of the work put into one of the features.

Now idk much about coding but i know enough to figure out thatd be what youd get, and that wouldnt be enough to satisfy that craving we've got.

44 minutes ago, DarthDick said:

In my opinion they aren't releasing updates because they're probably pretty boring.

Like I get the anxiety of wanting to see something but in reality the updates would probably be:

Added 300 lines of code.

Removed 50.

Added 100 more lines of code.

And that's only like a quarter of the work put into one of the features.

Now idk much about coding but i know enough to figure out thatd be what youd get, and that wouldnt be enough to satisfy that craving we've got.

it really isnt that crazy, an update from them could be as simple as hey itll be out shortly after the next patch, or hey itll be another week or two. something like that wouldnt require much time from them lol

• Faceless locked this topic
  • Faceless unfeatured and unpinned this topic