Red Dead Redemption 2

zippy1234567890

This may be way too off-topic even for off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask about it for a long time (but I have no friends)

I played Red Dead Redemption (RDR) when It was in its prime way back in the day. I played the story for awhile, but eventually got bored and went to the zombie mode. Finished the story with the zombie mode, but never the actual game itself.

Since I don't have my Xbox 360 anymore, I can't go back and play it and I don't plan on buying a new one just for the game. Is it a bad idea to play RDR2 without having played through the first story? Or will it matter? I'm not bias towards this game, so if it's bad, I won't get it. If it's really fun, Then I'll have to give it a shot. 

So what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zippy1234567890 said:

This may be way too off-topic even for off-topic, but I've been meaning to ask about it for a long time (but I have no friends)

I played Red Dead Redemption (RDR) when It was in its prime way back in the day. I played the story for awhile, but eventually got bored and went to the zombie mode. Finished the story with the zombie mode, but never the actual game itself.

Since I don't have my Xbox 360 anymore, I can't go back and play it and I don't plan on buying a new one just for the game. Is it a bad idea to play RDR2 without having played through the first story? Or will it matter? I'm not bias towards this game, so if it's bad, I won't get it. If it's really fun, Then I'll have to give it a shot. 

If you need friend's to play with and just a group of chill people to hang with I got a great group that you're welcomed to join at any time :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zippy1234567890 said:

btw forgot to say RD2 Mentions John Marston thats all I know but you played the game so its okay you should know enough from what you played

3 hours ago, zippy1234567890 said:

Thanks for the opinion! Yeah I was worried about the whole "see where the game has come from" thing. Don't know if I'm missing any important story aspects either. 

I've also notices that a lot of places are giving it great reviews. All that I've seen have been in the 90% range 

Have been at work all day but have heard it is pretty damn good. Doesn't require background knowledge from the first game but there are small things here and there that are a nod to the first game that you can catch if you have played the first one.

• Like 1

Imma watch the movie of it with all the cutscenes. I might buy it if it has a good story wont be able to play it, only have this pc I put money into haha. If you can play it id buy it after watching a few gameplay videos of it to see if you will enjoy the gameplay other then that I've played the first one and it was good if that helps?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, F̲a̲c̲e̲l̲e̲s̲s̲ said:

It's a great game, just sad that they did not release it for pc.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will do the same thing they did for GTAV and release it for PC a bit later on. Lots of people seem to want it. I really want it for PC just to be able to aim with a mouse. Controller aiming is just the worst in my opinion.

18 hours ago, grim2312 said:

btw forgot to say RD2 Mentions John Marston thats all I know but you played the game so its okay you should know enough from what you played

14 hours ago, Bunker88 said:

Imma watch the movie of it with all the cutscenes. I might buy it if it has a good story wont be able to play it, only have this pc I put money into haha. If you can play it id buy it after watching a few gameplay videos of it to see if you will enjoy the gameplay other then that I've played the first one and it was good if that helps?

Thanks guys. It's been so long since i've played the original (and again, didn't even finish it) that I'm not sure if I'll remember anything. 

I've decided to give the game a go once my paycheck comes through!

• 2 weeks later...