Community Toxicity

grim2312

It has come to my attention that many people tend to not have the brightest of moods when discussing a lot of topics on the forums. Look I understand that people sometimes asking the same question is frustrating but at the same time people don't always read everything and that's okay it happens you can expect everyone to be perfect. The best thing we can do for newcomers and even for the people that have been a part of this community for a long time if someone seems out of place befriend them don't single people out and make them feel incompetent just because they are not familiar to the area. The thing is though there is also a double standard. What I say is that help the people that don't understand, but at the same time if you're coming in every day and doing the same things that could tick people off and you do them for joy or just out of ignorance of the help that people provide then you should genuinely reconsider your place. When I made my introduction I made a joke which implied that I want people to rally together; now it's almost like a cry of help. Ladies and Gentlemen, we are a community we're big, we're strong, and we're scary. We shouldn't be fighting each other at all because then why have a forum or why have a shoutbox there are very few people that invest themselves in this community not that we all should, but we should take an example from them. We don't always have to give something back, but the least we can do is not spread hate. Now is our time to make this place stronger and bigger than it's ever been because I want this place to last and I know many of you do too. So please don't let this become like every other website out there let's be the best website out there with the best community that ready to welcome all with big open arms.          

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the point is the same question gets asked over & over again and its a simple one;

"When will EFT be up????|

When you keep hearing the same thing you're gonna react accordingly, especially when the info is plastered upon the Shoutbox as soon as you enter the Forums section. If they can't be bothered to read that bright red font, then they deserve the reaction they get. It's pretty simple to understand;
However, I have come across a couple of hostile individuals, some even staff with a shitty attitude but again, it falls under the same premise as before. If you can't be bothered to search the forums for an answer thats probably been answered before then its just pure laziness and the appropriate reaction is needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oaks. said:

I think the point is the same question gets asked over & over again and its a simple one;

When you keep hearing the same thing you're gonna react accordingly, especially when the info is plastered upon the Shoutbox as soon as you enter the Forums section. If they can't be bothered to read that bright red font, then they deserve the reaction they get. It's pretty simple to understand;
However, I have come across a couple of hostile individuals, some even staff with a shitty attitude but again, it falls under the same premise as before. If you can't be bothered to search the forums for an answer thats probably been answered before then its just pure laziness and the appropriate reaction is needed.

Which staff member?

4 minutes ago, Oaks. said:

But that's the sort of negativity that I'm trying to prevent I apologize that whoever has bothered you from staff that they did and I'm sorry you get frustrated at these people. My point is if you have the potential to be a better person do it. You always have a choice to treat someone poorly. :) 

That's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying hostility comes from everywhere even Staff, depending on the day you're having it can paint a negative picture of yourself.
I completely agree with you though, being friendlier nets a lot better impression surrounding the community & brings people back.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Oaks. said:

That's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying hostility comes from everywhere even Staff, depending on the day you're having it can paint a negative picture of yourself.
I completely agree with you though, being friendlier nets a lot better impression surrounding the community & brings people back.

I see you're POV my bad I misread it. I have my bad days too everyone does I think though if we make more of an effort we'll see the change :)

Not everybody is around all the time to get the latest information, and people asking at different times is inevitable. That doesn't give other people a reason to get angry toward said person asking as long as it's not the same guy coming back every day spreading the disease. If that is the case, then it's obvious they are just coming back to troll. 

The great part about all this is that even with the problems, most of the community is nice, understanding, and helpful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zippy1234567890 said:

Not everybody is around all the time to get the latest information, and people asking at different times is inevitable. That doesn't give other people a reason to get angry toward said person asking as long as it's not the same guy coming back every day spreading the disease. If that is the case, then it's obvious they are just coming back to troll. 

The great part about all this is that even with the problems, most of the community is nice, understanding, and helpful.

And that my sir is a very truthful statement