NEW 2080

brooklynboy02

11 minutes ago, ENGAGE said:

yeah the stats were all in relation to ray -tracing. Not FPS boost/performance.

Another marketing ploy.

Be careful.

hmm...yea it they said that its time to upgrade to 4k because 1440 and 1080 monitors can't truly take advantage of the new cards. i really need to find the article...

1 hour ago, brooklynboy02 said:

hmm...yea it they said that its time to upgrade to 4k because 1440 and 1080 monitors can't truly take advantage of the new cards. i really need to find the article...

Where's that quote? Because the 2080 can only get 60-80 FPS on 4k ultra when most monitors are now well above that and can refresh at a much higher rate. It's worthless buying a 4k monitor over 60hz then. 1440p is the new 1080p because 4k just isn't there yet - I mean it is if you like low graphics.

Source: https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-gaming-performance-benchmarks-2x-over-gtx-1080-4k/

Edited by Noah33

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Noah33 said:

But you won't get any of the new technology the RTX is bringing - raytracing and probably future tech.

yeah, but who needs it. look how some people use their 1080ti... med/high settings, nothing ultra, playing 1440 to get max FPS. that's not fun for me. i want my games to look good and have good FPS. i'm not going for max everything. but my 1080ti get's it's max/ultra graphics settings where ever possible.

and no, no 2080 for me, don't have the money right now.