EFT HACK Proposition/Suggestion

dgromov

I was thinking that maybe EFT hack should not have that many features. Because it attracts unwanted attention. I completely understand that Chod and his team are trying to compete with all other cheat makers, but in my opinion what most of the costumers are trying to buy here is Security and Convenience. Chod's team already nailed the "convenience part" but seeing how much people got banned lately, I think its not only hurt the costumers but Chod's team also, because now, some small percentage are just simply going to quit playing EFT all together because they don't want to buy another acc and website will loose potential revenue.

So long story short, my proposition is to keep this hack on the DL and only implement relatively safe features such as auto/unlocker WH and etc. That way we will be able to avoid whole bunch of unwanted attention, and whenever you kill some, they can never 100% confidentially say that person who killed them was hacking. Its going to be simply a guessing game at that point.

Edited by dgromov

I don't think the features of the cheese was the reason it got detected. Like Chod said, "It took BSG a full year to come anywhere near detecting us...". To me, that means the AC was updated to detect the program and not so much the features. I could be wrong but given the downtime, I'd say this isn't a simple fix like removing a certain feature.

2 minutes ago, Noah33 said:

I don't think the features of the cheese was the reason it got detected. Like Chod said, "It took BSG a full year to come anywhere near detecting us...". To me, that means the AC was updated to detect the program and not so much the features. I could be wrong but given the downtime, I'd say this isn't a simple fix like removing a certain feature.

So, you are saying that people flying across the map and oneshoting fully geared playears did not contribute to cheat being detected? Huge eft community outcry is what started this whole thing. If people would not act nuts with with the cheat and just using safe features, this ban waive could have been prolonged for a long time.

40 minutes ago, dgromov said:

So, you are saying that people flying across the map and oneshoting fully geared playears did not contribute to cheat being detected? Huge eft community outcry is what started this whole thing. If people would not act nuts with with the cheat and just using safe features, this ban waive could have been prolonged for a long time.

I hate to break it to you but a lot of cheese from various boards have that feature too. BSG knew cheese was an issue and given the fact they've made little to no AC updates before this I'd say it's a long time coming. I don't think Chod could have done much different and he'd still be in this situation. It's a game of cat & mouse but BSG didn't bother chasing for over a year. If a feature is detected it is removed, for now, we don't know what exactly went wrong so it's just speculation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noah33 said:

I hate to break it to you but a lot of cheese from various boards have that feature too. BSG knew cheese was an issue and given the fact they've made little to no AC updates before this I'd say it's a long time coming. I don't think Chod could have done much different and he'd still be in this situation. It's a game of cat & mouse but BSG didn't bother chasing for over a year. If a feature is detected it is removed, for now, we don't know what exactly went wrong so it's just speculation.

I am confident that bsg devs are prioritizing cheats that are screwing with the game most. I don't believe for a minute that they don't know all about current cheats that are out there. So, there for my opinion is if we keep hacking on the DL, we are less likely to get the attention of game devs. Which allows us use cheat for longer time. It is a 100% speculation though :)

1 hour ago, Noah33 said:

THE AC Is meant to detect the coders before the actual hackers. So is how I believe Chod got caught, they caught him first. So I think Noah is right.

The features are not what got it detected. I do partially agree with you though that all of them are not necessary but theres a reason there is a safe mode. So people know which ones are "safe" to use. Chod stayed under the radar for a while but a few people made videos and put it on YouTube and then it hit reddit and blew up and got a lot of attention. I think a cheat is given priority by the number of people using it not what all it does. 

On 8/4/2018 at 2:58 PM, dgromov said:

I was thinking that maybe EFT hack should not have that many features. Because it attracts unwanted attention. I completely understand that Chod and his team are trying to compete with all other cheat makers, but in my opinion what most of the costumers are trying to buy here is Security and Convenience. Chod's team already nailed the "convenience part" but seeing how much people got banned lately, I think its not only hurt the costumers but Chod's team also, because now, some small percentage are just simply going to quit playing EFT all together because they don't want to buy another acc and website will loose potential revenue.

So long story short, my proposition is to keep this hack on the DL and only implement relatively safe features such as auto/unlocker WH and etc. That way we will be able to avoid whole bunch of unwanted attention, and whenever you kill some, they can never 100% confidentially say that person who killed them was hacking. Its going to be simply a guessing game at that point.

i personally just want the loot filters :P all im excited for, the grind is too real on tarkov atm

I would argue that if anything needed to change, make the cheat some sort of invite-only system and increase the price to make sure its still a good business.

This would mean BSG would be unable to get its greasy paws on the cheat to update their memory signatures detection, the overall amount of cheaters would decrease to the benefit of those still willing to pay for it without bringing down profits (a constantly detected cheat makes ZERO profit) AND the community would not perceive the cheating as such a major issue due to the decreased population of cheaters. This would put less pressure on BSG to go all Battleye on us to try to keep detecting even invite-only cheat.

I think Chod is doing a hell of a job right now, but those who think this detection is a one-off are probably in for a rude awakening. The cheat is cheap to acquire and has no background checks involved whatsoever so everyone is welcome to buy the cheat including BSG employees.

I would certainly agree that the presence of some features such as teleportation and speed need to be discussed, but I don't think thats the primary issue here at the moment. Ofcourse BSG can still ban you for suspicious stats, reports or just plain video evidence so use of common sense is always recommended. 

Edited by Taavi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taavi said:

I would argue that if anything needed to change, make the cheat some sort of invite-only system and increase the price to make sure its still a good business.

This would mean BSG would be unable to get its greasy paws on the cheat to update their memory signatures detection, the overall amount of cheaters would decrease to the benefit of those still willing to pay for it without bringing down profits (a constantly detected cheat makes ZERO profit) AND the community would not perceive the cheating as such a major issue due to the decreased population of cheaters. This would put less pressure on BSG to go all Battleye on us to try to keep detecting even invite-only cheat.

I think Chod is doing a hell of a job right now, but those who think this detection is a one-off are probably in for a rude awakening. The cheat is cheap to acquire and has no background checks involved whatsoever so everyone is welcome to buy the cheat including BSG employees.

I would certainly agree that the presence of some features such as teleportation and speed need to be discussed, but I don't think thats the primary issue here at the moment. Ofcourse BSG can still ban you for suspicious stats, reports or just plain video evidence so use of common sense is always recommended. 

how do you stop bsg employee or someone being "trusted" getting there hands on it ?

3 hours ago, Jamieson73 said:

how do you stop bsg employee or someone being "trusted" getting there hands on it ?

It would be the same method as with Chod's Rust, H1Z1 and PUBG cheat. As you can see it would be much more expensive, but there would be a filter applied to make much less likely that BSG would be able to keep the cheat detected even if they wanted to.

16 hours ago, Taavi said:

I could agree with this

On 8/4/2018 at 6:51 PM, Firechicken said:

The features are not what got it detected. I do partially agree with you though that all of them are not necessary but theres a reason there is a safe mode. So people know which ones are "safe" to use. Chod stayed under the radar for a while but a few people made videos and put it on YouTube and then it hit reddit and blew up and got a lot of attention. I think a cheat is given priority by the number of people using it not what all it does. 

The AC update scanning MSV folders is what got Chod I believe

7 hours ago, Bobbysauce said:

The AC update scanning MSV folders is what got Chod I believe

I disagree with this notion. Many users don't have MVS installed at all.

Not to mention that ALL three biggest cheat providers were hit simultaneously by a banwave affecting all users of cheat who injected within a certain time period after the 0.9 update. So it all points to a good old fashioned signature detection. I can foresee a scenario where BSG keeps hitting the biggest providers with sigs until everyone stops buying the cheat and forcing the provider to go invite-only or to discontinue sales all together. Kind of what BE and EAC are already doing.

There used to be a time when the AC community assumed that delayed banwaves were the way to go but BE definetely caused a paradigm shift around 2012 with the DayZ mod. So the consensus now is to just keep hitting the provider with detections within 3-5 days of re-release until all his/her customers draw their conclusions and just stop buying the cheats all together.

The more accessible the cheat is the easier it is even for BSG to keep updating their signature checks as soon as the cheat comes back online. Currently the cheat for EFT is extremely accessible. Anyone can buy it for a cheap sum of 15-20€ per month. Enough said about that. This is not the fault of the coder or lack of competence, but cheat coding for MP games is definetely an "underground" business. Meaning you can never compete with anticheat in terms of resources or manpower. So the only way is secrecy and exclusivity, hence private invite-only cheats with much lower chance of detection once the game dev gets serious about the cheating problem, which is what I believe BSG finally did with the 0.9. update.

3 hours ago, Taavi said:

I disagree with this notion. Many users don't have MVS installed at all.

Not to mention that ALL three biggest cheat providers were hit simultaneously by a banwave affecting all users of cheat who injected within a certain time period after the 0.9 update. So it all points to a good old fashioned signature detection. I can foresee a scenario where BSG keeps hitting the biggest providers with sigs until everyone stops buying the cheat and forcing the provider to go invite-only or to discontinue sales all together. Kind of what BE and EAC are already doing.

There used to be a time when the AC community assumed that delayed banwaves were the way to go but BE definetely caused a paradigm shift around 2012 with the DayZ mod. So the consensus now is to just keep hitting the provider with detections within 3-5 days of re-release until all his/her customers draw their conclusions and just stop buying the cheats all together.

The more accessible the cheat is the easier it is even for BSG to keep updating their signature checks as soon as the cheat comes back online. Currently the cheat for EFT is extremely accessible. Anyone can buy it for a cheap sum of 15-20€ per month. Enough said about that. This is not the fault of the coder or lack of competence, but cheat coding for MP games is definetely an "underground" business. Meaning you can never compete with anticheat in terms of resources or manpower. So the only way is secrecy and exclusivity, hence private invite-only cheats with much lower chance of detection once the game dev gets serious about the cheating problem, which is what I believe BSG finally did with the 0.9. update.

maybe they got his msv file and then detected it on our comps ?

I was reading some other forums and people were reverse engineering the new AC and noticing that it was doing some pretty shady stuff on your computer to monitor what you were doing. I can't explain it all, but if you guys do some digging on the interwebs you can find the same thread

Well , i agree with u dgromov, features like flying or fast runing , shouldnt be (BUT i dnt agree at the part that these were the problem, no, the detection isnt based on the features, doesnt matter what features u have)

But i would say it more like this : the cheese wouldnt be detected by players , detected meaning, they wouldnt see you cheesing, and report it (recording u flying and others...), 

so let s imagine the cheese is up , if ppl do less reports , devs will think it s getting better and the anticheese wont get updates any sooner...

yeah, we have to think about if for spectators obvious features make sense anymore. if they are in they will get used. so the question is should we get rid of e.g. speedhacking, teleporting, unlock without key... in last consequence this could mean we only are left with ESP and some kind of legit Aimbot (which would be fine with me)

Personally I would not be interested in buying a cheat with stripped features. Certainly some highly destructive features need to be considered, but for example auto-unlocker makes my life easier on so many levels I can't imagine cheating without it. I'm still thinking we are dealing with a traditional signature scanning here so we will get more answers once the cheat is back online.

• 1 month later...