Some additional info on the EFT AC detection

Bobbysauce

Hi all,  

I know most of us are curious to exactly how this massive ban wave occurred. I too was curious and did some digging and forum reading. Please keep in mind I do not know much about this and only have a basic understanding. It appears that the new AC update was a complete an total overhaul from what we were previously dealing with, boss man has his work cut out for him. Some data I was reading shows that the update AC actually checks MVS projects, it also appears temporary files are being added to registries that work to detect the cheese injection or something like that (Didn't understand that part to well, but battle eye has done something similar to prevent cheese from injecting). Some are saying what BSG is doing could be considered illegal as it is scanning documents and files that could pertain sensitive information (NDA, Confidential files...shit like that). A thing called GDPR

(The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU). The GDPR sets out the principles for data management and the rights of the individual, while also imposing fines that can be revenue-based. The General Data Protection Regulation covers all companies that deal with data of EU citizens, so it is a critical regulation for corporate compliance officers at banks, insurers, and other financial companies.")

is meant to protect users from this. 

I do know some people who have requested "stored data in regulation with GDPR" to be sent to them, but all three of them have been ignored. Regardless it appears that they have engineered the AC to actually detect the makers of the cheese first. So my guess is Boss man was detected without realizing it and they let it play out and i guess you could say...followed the code... I need friends. 

So in conclusion from the data and posts I have read BSG has gone no fucks given mode and are willing to do just about anything (legal or not) to stop the cheesing. I would be curious to see if anything has been added to the TOS to allow this invasion of information to occur, however with that said my understanding is that local law takes priority in these types of maters. Even if they are allowed to pull questionable data in Russia, they should not be allowed to do it within other countries. 

Again, I want to reiterate that I am no genius when it comes to understanding this stuff but thought it be cool to contribute what I did find out and could understand with the rest of the user base who too might be curious.

PS: I know my formatting sucks, and please add to this or correct me if I am wrong. Please lets keep this civil!
PSS: They are using the AC called Saberclaw.

Thanks again for reading.

Edited by Bobbysauce
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For creators or distributors of games in Russia, scanning a client's computer and secretly collecting data is a common situation.
These data are then sold to third parties and used in marketing and not only. Something like a big date.

The Russian spat on the laws, like the courts in Russia on the side of the rich.

Although what I'm talking about. Facebook and Google also secretly collects data and they have all shit on your rights))

Edited by rexer
  • Like 1

Good post. I was actually wondering the same thing. Here in the US I thought it was illegal to scan any files that do not belong to the game directory as that would be considered invasion of privacy. I could be wrong but if they are doing illegal scans they could get into serious trouble.

6 minutes ago, Firechicken said:

Good post. I was actually wondering the same thing. Here in the US I thought it was illegal to scan any files that do not belong to the game directory as that would be considered invasion of privacy. I could be wrong but if they are doing illegal scans they could get into serious trouble.

I didn’t take the time to look up laws in the states but I would assume we have something in place similar to what the EU has. Regardless Russians just give 0 fucks.

We are dealing with Russians, i wouldn't put anything past them. They generally don't follow any Rules or Regulations and do as they please. If it turns out they were doing something wrong then a quick word with Vlad and an explanation of how they fucked over the west and they will be treated like royalty over there.

11 minutes ago, tushonka81 said:

I mean this in the nicest way possible but none of us should be questioning someone else's ethics when it comes to how software behaves. We cheated, we got caught. Just deal with it.

This is also a legal mater. I don’t know about you, but luckily I have two separate computers one for work and one for games. If I played tarkov on my work computer and they were able to scan senesitive files and transmit that data with out my clients consent, not only is that a massive HIPAA (health insurance portability and accountability act) violation in my line of work I’d be out of a job. The data I’ve been uncovering through basic research is showing some very questionable things that we need to be aware of. I’d even post this on the subreddit but the mods would surely take it down. We aren’t talking about cheating anymore tushonka, this now is a extreme invasion of privacy. 

Edited by Bobbysauce
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobbysauce said:

This is also a legal mater. I don’t know about you, but luckily I have two separate computers one for work and one for games. If I played tarkov on my work computer and they were able to scan senesitive files and transmit that data with out my clients consent, not only is that a massive HIPAA violation in my line of work I’d be out of a job. The data I’ve been uncovering through basic research is showing some very questionable things that we need to be aware of. I’d even post this on the subreddit but the mods would surely take it down. We aren’t talking about cheating anymore tushonka, this now is a extreme invasion of privacy. 

The mods on reddit left the posts up about possible bitcoin mining yesterday so i think if it's well put together they might leave it up? worth a shot imo

either way keep up the good work ❤️

Edited by alltaken

Heres the thing, if they are scanning files not related to the game directory then that is invasion of privacy. A good example of why we have to delete cookies. They're scanning your browser history when you log into their website which is bs. If this is the case any banned player can open a class action against them.

29 minutes ago, archer929 said:

Heres the thing, if they are scanning files not related to the game directory then that is invasion of privacy. A good example of why we have to delete cookies. They're scanning your browser history when you log into their website which is bs. If this is the case any banned player can open a class action against them.

I think the proof of visiting the site https: //chods-cheats.com is not an evidence base for blocking.
I do not delete cookies and history, I'm not banned in EFT, I go to https://chods-cheats.com every day

Edited by rexer
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Noobie Noob said:

omg... ppl were asked to clean cookies FOR BSG forum and only those who was banned! what made u think it is cos BSG will (or can) scan your browser for Chod links...

All though I don’t think that is happening, from some of the data I have uncovered about Saberclaw and the general practices of BSG I wouldn’t put it past them. But to the contrary I have used Chod’s site everyday on my pc and phone as well as the BSG forums and I am still not banned or have had any issues. 

Edited by Bobbysauce