HWID or IP BANS?

rushier

That doesn't make sense then why I can't access their official forum even when I am signed out. Because on that laptop that has a banned account to the game, I can not longer access their website even when logged out. If they only account ban then this should not be happening.

Rather than stating "account bans only" please help explain to why it appears I have been IP banned from using their website permanently from that laptop. The only way I am able to is if I use a different IP or VPN

Edited by dagger181

19 hours ago, dagger181 said:

That doesn't make sense then why I can't access their official forum even when I am signed out. Because on that laptop that has a banned account to the game, I can not longer access their website even when logged out. If they only account ban then this should not be happening.

Rather than stating "account bans only" please help explain to why it appears I have been IP banned from using their website permanently from that laptop. The only way I am able to is if I use a different IP or VPN

Have you tried clearing cookies or using an incognito window?

What error do you get?  Most of the content on the forum isn't available if you're not logged in anyway.

4 hours ago, unaccountable said:

Have you tried clearing cookies or using an incognito window?

What error do you get?  Most of the content on the forum isn't available if you're not logged in anyway.

Interesting, I never thought about clearing my cookies or cache. But like you said worked. Yea it was weird, when I was banned, I signed out from my profile and tried to see forum but I would immediately get the Banned with a Lock on the screen. But after I did what you said, I was able to see the forum again and make a new profile.

18 hours ago, dagger181 said:

Interesting, I never thought about clearing my cookies or cache. But like you said worked. Yea it was weird, when I was banned, I signed out from my profile and tried to see forum but I would immediately get the Banned with a Lock on the screen. But after I did what you said, I was able to see the forum again and make a new profile.

Nice to hear!  Glad it works for you now.

I was just curious because I hadn't heard any reports of BSG banning either IPs or HWIDs, just account-level bans.  They already track HWID (at least for login/security purposes) so it speaks a lot about their anti-cheat that they're also not banning by HWID as well.

Currently there's a big AC update on the way, apparently.

I know they check IP activity on the forum, and can check what IPs you log into the game from for sure though. I am in a clan with one of the CMs and a bunch of MODs for the Forum and heard the CM talk to a dude that had been recorded and reported doing dodgy stuff, and the CM had already checked the IPs tied to that ingame account with the IP of the user on TS so they already know it was him even though the names were different and the guy was denying it left and right.

• Dexter locked this topic