LewisUK

Chod's Cheats Flash Drive

So, I won a give away @Sellier was hosting!  I got a brand new shiny USB Chod's Cheats Flash drive!

Giveaway:  

I was more than happy to be the second chance winner.  A winner is a winner!

The USB Flash Drive I won: 

So, thank you very very much @Sellier for the Drive!  Now, lets review the Drive itself!

Packaging and presentation:  9.5/10

The USB is very small.  I mean VERY small.  That is pretty awesome, but an easier chance to lose it.  It feels very sturdy and actually has a little weight to it that makes it feel expensive.

The little "Altoids" metal case it comes in is pretty nifty.  Probably won't ever use it, but still pretty cool.

The Stickers were cool.  I actually got two!  Thanks for the extra fellas!

Performance:  4.0/10  UPDATED:  8.0/10

Claimed Write Speeds:  Write speed range 10-35 MB/s

Actual Write Speeds:  6.5-8.4 MB/s average on two different computers both USB 3.0 directly into the mother board.  UPDATED:  22.3 MB/s write speed

Claimed Read Speeds:  Read speed range 75-110 MB/s

Actual Write Speeds:  60.1-63.3 MB/s again on two different computers  UPDATED:  81.9MB/s read speed

When updating it takes about 10 times longer than my little $2.00 plastic USB I have been running the cheat off of.

USB will not self eject.  I was playing for almost two hours with the USB plugged in and available before I went to restart the game to get a fresh copy of the cheat.  This had me really worried.  I don't want to have to plug and unplug it every time I go to use it.  

UPDATE REASON:  So, with some encouragement from staff, and against my better judgement, I decided to retest the USB with USBFLASHSPEED again.  Well, lets just say that I guess the USB has "warmed up."  Write Speed average now 22.3 MB/s, Read Speed 81.9 MB/s.  Only thing holding it back from a 10 now is the self ejection.

"Extras":  3.0/10  UPDATED:  9.0/10

HWID Unlocker.  This was supposed to be included.  It was not.  I had to put in a support ticket to get it added.  It does now work.  Thanks support!

50% off coupon:  This was supposed to be included as well.  It was not.  I have had tickets open for this now for four days and it still not resolved.

1 Free Month Sub:  Again, this was supposed to be included.  I have looked over my account and I cannot tell that the 1 month was added.  I guess I will have to put in a support ticket about that as well.

1x Chod's Cheat stickers:  I got two!  So, that raised this score from a 2.0 to a 3.0

UPDATE REASON:  Due to the fact that this particular USB was a giveaway, there was some questions as to if the purchaser or the winner was to get the "extras."  After a little back and forth with the ticket system the issues were resolved and all extras were distributed.  As this was obviously an unusual situation the updated score is deserved.  Only reason the score is 9.0 instead of 10 is because of the HWID Unlocker not included at the start.

Overall weighted average:  4.7/10  UPDATED:  8.7/10

So, I am probably just going to put the USB back in it's case and never use it until I need a HWID unlocker.  I am still super grateful I won it, however, I am REALLY glad I did not buy one back during the Easter Sale like I had planned on doing.

UPDATE REASON:  So, with a little extra patience, some help from the staff through the ticket network, and some good 'ole communication almost everything has been cleared up.  Thank you guys for the help with the issues!  Now, with that out of the way, knowing that the typical transaction would have been handled much differently, (ie extras included, HWID unlocker etc etc) I would have been very satisfied if I had purchased this!

Edited by LewisUK
  • Like 3

Noice review. I'd get one myself but I have a 32gb USB so really makes no sense to ^_^ They seem cool though

Thanks for the review and nice pictures buddy.

Unfortunate that you are not fully satisfied with the USB and have some problems with the extra's.

How long does the update take for you now? I haven't noticed a difference with any of my other USB's. 

Also, write speed for me is between 9mb/s and 15mb/s, so thats odd. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Snif said:

Thanks for the review and nice pictures buddy.

Unfortunate that you are not fully satisfied with the USB and have some problems with the extra's.

How long does the update take for you now? I haven't noticed a difference with any of my other USB's. 

Also, write speed for me is between 9mb/s and 15mb/s, so thats odd. 

The update takes about 45 seconds to a minute.  When I run the cheat with my little plastic $2 USB it takes about 2-5 seconds at most.

I have sent several videos to support showing the problems, but unfortunately not getting much traction there.

Edited by LewisUK

50 minutes ago, LewisUK said:

The update takes about 45 seconds to a minute.  When I run the cheat with my little plastic $2 USB it takes about 2-5 seconds at most.

I have sent several videos to support showing the problems, but unfortunately not getting much traction there.

Hmm thats strange, for me it doesn't take longer than a second or two.

Can you please bench the usb with http://usbflashspeed.com/

and post the results? Something like crystaldiskmark is setup to benchmark harddrives by default, so it is not going to coincide very well with what usb's are rated at.

Though you could've gotten a bad sample.

1 hour ago, Emiiru said:

Can you please bench the usb with http://usbflashspeed.com/

and post the results? Something like crystaldiskmark is setup to benchmark harddrives by default, so it is not going to coincide very well with what usb's are rated at.

Though you could've gotten a bad sample.

Yeah, that is what I used.  At work and at home.  Nifty little program.

Nice review, but make sure you connect the USB to your motherboard through the back of your PC not through the front of the PC or a hub, that some times causes delay

15 minutes ago, karirinkute said:

Nice review, but make sure you connect the USB to your motherboard through the back of your PC not through the front of the PC or a hub, that some times causes delay

Actual Write Speeds:  6.5-8.4 MB/s average on two different computers both USB 3.0 directly into the mother board

I have mine plugged in on the front and get these speeds:

image.png.f5651d2aef3a72a86af084c3ccaab59e.png

But perhaps you could work this out with the staff, come to a solution and then reconsider the review. 

Edited by Dr. Snif

14 minutes ago, LewisUK said:

Actual Write Speeds:  6.5-8.4 MB/s average on two different computers both USB 3.0 directly into the mother board

My bad ;), i read through it fast, that sucks... maybe the staff can help you. Good luck

Sorry to hear you're not satisfied. Firstly regarding the extras, as it was a giveaway it was unclear whether the coupon and free license key should have gone to you or the original purchaser - normally these would both have been sent in the package. I know that you are going to get the license and coupon now if you didn't already so I can only apologise about that. 

The speed of the USB is quite a shame, ultimately the speeds we quote are taken from the manufacturer who say they don't guarantee these figures because sometimes they use different hardware. If after some more testing you're still not seeing the speeds you'd like I can send you a replacement if you would be kind enough to send the original back to me (contact me in a ticket about this). Its odd that you're the only one getting these speeds, from what it sounds like its an isolated occurrence so maybe you got a bad one.. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chod said:

Sorry to hear you're not satisfied. Firstly regarding the extras, as it was a giveaway it was unclear whether the coupon and free license key should have gone to you or the original purchaser - normally these would both have been sent in the package. I know that you are going to get the license and coupon now if you didn't already so I can only apologise about that. 

The speed of the USB is quite a shame, ultimately the speeds we quote are taken from the manufacturer who say they don't guarantee these figures because sometimes they use different hardware. If after some more testing you're still not seeing the speeds you'd like I can send you a replacement if you would be kind enough to send the original back to me (contact me in a ticket about this). Its odd that you're the only one getting these speeds, from what it sounds like its an isolated occurrence so maybe you got a bad one.. 

Thank you very much for the reply.  Yes, I did get the extra month and the discount code.  I was speaking with Sellier as well and we were unsure who it was supposed to go to as well.  He said he did not need them, that is why I then put in the ticket about it.  

The speeds are really not that big of a deal.  I am not using it as a USB drive any way, just to run the awesome cheese from here.  The only thing that really bothers me is that the drive will not self eject.  I have to manually pull it from the computer each time after injection.  I currently have a ticket open with Emiiru about this and we are working that out as well.  The update takes a lot longer, but honestly I can wait 40-60 seconds to update the cheat a couple of times a day.  I am not going to die of old age that quick.  :) 

21 minutes ago, CantThinkOfName said:

I really like the pictures that you took :)

Feel free to use any of them on the Sales page if you want 😃  I don't mind at all.  In fact, that is what I was hoping you guys might do!

Awesome review!

I love collecting small items, even stickers, this would be a great addition with good use! Your review really encourages me to get one myself :)

Those figures are really cool aswell! I love how you set up the pictures :D

Regards