What are your preferred gaming peripherals?

Insert

Logitech G502 - I've always been a Logitech mouse person. 

Keyboard is Corsair K95 RBG - It's been the best keyboard I've owned in my lifetime. 

I don't use headsets anymore, but I got the AudioTechnica's, they were giving me earaches which is why I stopped using them, before that I was using the A40 TR's but the stupid mic on it always was loose went  through 3 sets of them.

Personally never been a Razer fan, I owned their mice and keyboards at their hype, but honestly they felt cheap with poor quality. 

Edited by tamedbeast

Monitor: Acer 27" Predator LED G-Sync XB271HUA (2560x1440, 165hz, 1ms, Pivot)
Mouse: Steekserues RIval
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB red
Headset: Sennhaiser Game Zero
MousePad: Qpad FX Series (900x420mm, Thivkness 4mm)

Like RazzleDazzle i mix it all up. I used to be a Razer supporter until their hardware started to let me down. 
After Razer i moved on to Logitech but i switched fast over to what i got to day.

I've never been more happy about what i got today ever before! 

12 hours ago, RazzleDazzle said:

Logitech G933
Razer Deathadder Keyboard
Blue Yeti Mic (for streaming)
2 ASUS VG24 Monitors

I usually mix mine up... I absolutely am trying to get away from Razer though.

By Deathadder you mean DeathStalker? :P DeathAdder is a mouse.

I'm using:
Keyboard: Corsair K70 with browns
Mouse: Mionix Avior 7000
Mousepad: Zowie G-SR
Headset: Sennheiser PC37x

11 hours ago, JustinCredible said:
By Deathadder you mean DeathStalker? :P DeathAdder is a mouse.

I'm using:
Keyboard: Corsair K70 with browns
Mouse: Mionix Avior 7000
Mousepad: Zowie G-SR
Headset: Sennheiser PC37x
Oops.... Yep.... lmao.

2 hours ago, Oxyde said:

DeathAdder top mouse ;) 
Oxyde Approve!

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Headset: Sennheiser game zero
Mousepad: Logitec G240

Sennheiser game zero

How is this headset ? I had a friend tell me about these and suggest them, but he never owned them so I really don't want to take second hand advice from someone that hasn't owned them.

1 hour ago, tamedbeast said:

Sennheiser game zero

How is this headset ? I had a friend tell me about these and suggest them, but he never owned them so I really don't want to take second hand advice from someone that hasn't owned them.
Super good but it's very expensive even if I think is the best Headst you can get

26 minutes ago, Oxyde said:
2 hours ago, tamedbeast said:

Sennheiser game zero

Super good but it's very expensive even if I think is the best Headst you can get
I'm not to worried about the price, just more the quality. I paid around $400 for my current headset when I bought them, but wasn't happy with them, the quality was just terrible. 

Idk I had the game zero from Sennheiser. 
First the mic broke and then a screw fall out of it so now I can't even use it anymore. 

Instead I bought the hyperX revolver s and I don't regret that so much better sound in FPS games, can literally hear anything in games like rainbow six siege for example.

4 hours ago, 4real said:

Idk I had the game zero from Sennheiser. 
First the mic broke and then a screw fall out of it so now I can't even use it anymore. 

Instead I bought the hyperX revolver s and I don't regret that so much better sound in FPS games, can literally hear anything in games like rainbow six siege for example.

I did have a pair of HyperX but I really didn't like the sound quality of them. How was the sound quality compared to the Sennheisers?

The market out there for headsets is so large. i mean there is a tons of different types of headsets and i think it comes down personal preference on headsets.

I'm super happy with the quality GameZero brings to me. But i still miss my old Logitech G35 to this day! 

2 hours ago, tamedbeast said:

I did have a pair of HyperX but I really didn't like the sound quality of them. How was the sound quality compared to the Sennheisers?

For me the sound quality was much better than the sennheiser game zero that I had before those.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried alot of mice, keyboards and headsets and have quite a few opinions on all of them lol.

For gaming, finding the right mouse is probably the most important. But besides from the mouse having 1000htz polling rate, and hyperesponse buttons, the rest honestly is just down to preference. The amount of buttons, the shape, size, weight. It's all preference.
Don't fall for marketting gimmicks, high DPI is useless, most pro's only use 400-800 DPI, and going higher than like 3000 DPI is seriously not recommended. New mice advertising 8000+ DPI is just dumb.

Personally I'm using the Logitech G502 Proteus as my daily driver mouse, interchanged with the Razer Naga for when I'm playing MMORPG's like WoW or Final Fantasy 14
For my Laptop, I'm using the Razer Deathadder mouse.

Like I said, it really doesn't matter which mouse you pick, it's just down to preference and no one can tell you which mouse if best. You need to just find a mouse that suits your hand size and develop muscle memory with it's weight and shape. Other features like the number of buttons is just situational depending on what games you like to play.

As far as Keyboards go, Mechanical keyboards will beat rubber dome for gaming every day of the week, no questions asked. Not all mechanical keys are made the same either. I've had really good experiences with the Cherry MX switches, but in the past few years Razer started making their own Cherry-Imitation switches, which are MADE IN CHINA.
You can't compare Made in China knockoffs to the real, german-manufactured Cherry MX switches. The quality difference is VERY noticeable. I bought a Razer Blackwidow with Razers new "Green Razer switches" which Razer claims to be better than the Cherry MX equivalents, and used it for a year without complaints. But once i switched to my Corsair K95, the difference was REALLY clear. The Cherry red switches in my new keyboard were just way better. Less mushy, more consistent feel, less wobble. Don't know how to describe it, but they just feel better.

Avoid Razer keyboards, unless they're alot cheaper than Logitech/Corsair counterparts, or have a specific feature you can't find elsewhere.

The headset I've been using is the Sennheiser 373d, with 7.1 surround sound. Honestly, I've worn these for 14+ hours a day and they are so comfortable I forget I'm even wearing them. The sound quality is superb, and compared to my old Razer Megalodons (which also had 7.1 surround) I can much more easily distinguish which direction sounds are coming from, and pick out footsteps when theres alot of background noise such as bullets/music going on.
I've had to replace the ear-pads on them once when the old ones got worn out, but it was simple to pop in and out the old ones for the new, and the headset became good-as-new. Couldn't even tell I'd been using them daily for years.

I don't think the microphone you use for gaming is too big of a deal. As long as it's clear it shouldn't matter. Even a cheap 10 dollar headset's microphone should be plenty good enough for gaming. For streaming though, I'm using a Blue Yeti microphone. It's the same microphone that like 75% of streamers use. It's way overkill for gaming though.

TL;DR
Exact mouse doesn't matter as long as it's a good gaming mouse.
I'm using Logitech G502, Razer Naga, and Razer Deathadder dpending on situation.

Keyboard wise, avoid Razer due to knock-off made in china switches.
I use Corsair K95, but i hear logitech keyboards are equally good.
The type of switch used matters the most, pick keyboards based on what key layout/features you like most, as long as they use the right key switch. I prefer Cherry MX Red switches, but its down to preference.

Headset
Sennheiser 373d. If you want a good headset, go to an audio-specific company like Sennheiser. Gaming-brand headsets usually distort sounds like over pumping the bass or don't have as much audio-experience as the guys who design cinema-grade audio systems.

Microphone:
Blue Yeti

Edited by Raintech