Gaming chair

SqueezedH1Z1

Don't get one of those gaming chairs. Get a comfy office chair, preferably go to a store yourself to test them. Maybe they don't look as "cool" and you don't feel like a pro, but you save a third of the money for the same or more comfort.

DXRacer, AK Racing, shit like that is basically any comfy IKEA chair with a different cooler looking cover. You pay more for the brand than for the chair itself.

Edited by qNxX

1 hour ago, SqueezedH1Z1 said:

Hi guys,

just want to let you know i ordered this chair : https://www.needforseat.de/en/pro-chief-bwe-156?c=26#0dcb7ad76eac6706f76bcda31d442697

Thanks all! :)

Let me know how the chair is. I've been debating getting a new chair as mine is starting to fall apart, mainly around the armrests. If it's any good, I'd love to know!

Price really depend on the materials used for it. Imo dx racer is way overpriced for what it is. You could get a similar chair that is cheaper just like Dexter sent you.

Thats the one im using or similar to it but in red and black https://fr.wordans.ca/viscologic-sprint-sprint-gaming-racing-style-tilt-lock-swivel-180-flat-home-office-chair-back-seat-already-assembled-400837/c40993-black-orange-white/s751861-one-size?gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKCf_dp4MiTEawoEG384qVITQUqpRVvwEihBJlnNfMsGfXTuQ_uHA_BoCLMQQAvD_BwE

On 11/13/2017 at 4:11 PM, qNxX said:

Don't get one of those gaming chairs. Get a comfy office chair, preferably go to a store yourself to test them. Maybe they don't look as "cool" and you don't feel like a pro, but you save a third of the money for the same or more comfort.

DXRacer, AK Racing, shit like that is basically any comfy IKEA chair with a different cooler looking cover. You pay more for the brand than for the chair itself.

This is close to the dumbest shit i've ever heard.

1 hour ago, Kvicken said:

Explain to me what a gaming chair has that a good office chair doesn't have. Except that they cost $100 more of course just to look cool. People that buy one either get one for really cheap, have too much money on their hand (or someone else that pays for them) or have no idea why they buy one but just do it because tryhards on Twitch do it.

6 minutes ago, qNxX said:
2 hours ago, Kvicken said:

Explain to me what a gaming chair has that a good office chair doesn't have. Except that they cost $100 more of course just to look cool. People that buy one either get one for really cheap, have too much money on their hand (or someone else that pays for them) or have no idea why they buy one but just do it because tryhards on Twitch do it.
That’s a little bit True, but Maybe is the quality of the chairs different? Or Maybe Some extra options.. I Dont know men, the Colors And the ergonomic models looks So great. I need that comfy! ?

34 minutes ago, qNxX said:
2 hours ago, Kvicken said:

The difference in comfort is not even comparable.

Office chairs tends to have a very dense sitting area, as in close to zero foam or w/e material used depending on what you buy. (Basically your ass will hurt in the matter of hours with an office chair compared to one of the gaming chairs which are specifically designed to counter-act that issue).

Mid back, compared to the gaming chairs high back for proper head support.

More adjustable than an office chair, in terms of armrest aswell as backseat.

Oh and I nearly forgot, the lumbar support. Office chairs usually don't offer that.

In general, sure - they may cost more - but it's worth it. Edited by Kvicken

21 hours ago, Kvicken said:

The difference in comfort is not even comparable.

Office chairs tends to have a very dense sitting area, as in close to zero foam or w/e material used depending on what you buy. (Basically your ass will hurt in the matter of hours with an office chair compared to one of the gaming chairs which are specifically designed to counter-act that issue).

Mid back, compared to the gaming chairs high back for proper head support.

More adjustable than an office chair, in terms of armrest aswell as backseat.

Oh and I nearly forgot, the lumbar support. Office chairs usually don't offer that.

In general, sure - they may cost more - but it's worth it.

Office chairs are office chairs because they are used by staff that is sitting infront of a PC for 8 hours a day to do something productive. It's literally the same principle as gaming chairs, except that gaming chairs are supposed to be for gamers that sit infront of their PC for 8 hours a day to play games.

Office chairs are available in low-, mid- and high-back variants as well.

There are office chairs that are just as adjustable as gaming chairs.

In terms of lumbar support you wrote yourself that office chairs can have that.

You see, we're not talking about trash-tier office chairs that you have at school or work that cost $10 where anything that's adjustable breaks after 10 uses, but at the same time we're not talking about 250€ gaming chairs as well. The big difference that office chairs can't make up for is the fact that you don't have to look long to find a comfortable chair when buying a gaming chair. But there are office chairs that offer the same qualities of 250€ gaming chairs for 150€, except for the looks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-13 at 1:14 PM, SqueezedH1Z1 said:

Hi Guys! 

Its Almost Christmas And I need a New gaming chair. Can you Guys help me or advise me? The price doesn’t matter :) 
I see a lot of streamers with a DX racer chair..

let me know Guys! 

Thanks !

U should get a DX racer drift! Thats what i use and i bought it for around $300!

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, detect said:

GTOMEGA

I sleep in mine sometimes because I can set it Horizontal, so good and cheap compared to DXRacer, helped my back problems so much you won't believe it.

If you get a DXRacer I will be thoroughly disappointed sir.

Oeps.. I already got one.. but i love it ! :) 

• Zenaku locked this topic