Crypto mining for cheats

Chod

Would you be willing to mine for cryptocoins in exchange for cheats?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to mine for cryptocoins in exchange for cheats?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrator

I had a little idea for a project, wanted to get some opinions on it.

The idea is to have our own mining software, not in any way part of the client. You would leave the program running on your computer for as long as you want, and it would mine cryptocoins (bitcoin, ether, etc) in the background. In return, your account balance at this site gets credit added to it as you mine coins. It would be a 1:1 ratio so you get exactly what you mine back.

We thought this would be a good idea because it would allow you to essentially get free cheats. We did some testing and it would take approximately 5 days to mine enough credit for 1 month of CSGO subscription on a 1080ti.

Obviously this would be completely up to you whether you wanted to take part or not, its just meant as a way for people who normally can't afford the cheats to get access.

• Like 6

Assuming we only mined two and a half days on a 1080 Ti, would that mean we can fill the remaining 5£ up with other means of payment? Sounds like an interesting idea though and can't hurt since it's optional.

Edited by qNxX
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 2:09 AM, Chod said:

I had a little idea for a project, wanted to get some opinions on it.

The idea is to have our own mining software, not in any way part of the client. You would leave the program running on your computer for as long as you want, and it would mine cryptocoins (bitcoin, ether, etc) in the background. In return, your account balance at this site gets credit added to it as you mine coins. It would be a 1:1 ratio so you get exactly what you mine back.

We thought this would be a good idea because it would allow you to essentially get free cheats. We did some testing and it would take approximately 5 days to mine enough credit for 1 month of CSGO subscription on a 1080ti.

Obviously this would be completely up to you whether you wanted to take part or not, its just meant as a way for people who normally can't afford the cheats to get access.

It's still possible to mine effectively with GPU in this day?
Honestly sounds like a good idea, I tried mining with BitMinter client before, didn't get me anywhere ( GTX 1060 3GB)

4 hours ago, fln said:

I think it would be a good idea, but there needs to be some form of safety for the user's GPUs. I know fuck all about cryptomining, apart from that it can be really harmful for hardware.

Everyone should decide for themselves if they want to take the risk of lowering the lifetime of their GPU. Even then GPUs are made to withstand heavy usage for years. Worst case is that your GPU manufacturer doesn't offer warranty for GPUs used for crypto mining if they notice that it was used for such, like I know Zotac does.

I mean no remotely popular public cheat provider offers a replacement account if you get banned, same thing. Don't want to get banned? Don't cheat. Don't want to lower the life expectancy of your hardware? Don't mine crypto currencies.
  Edited by qNxX

• Administrator
On 21/10/2017 at 9:53 AM, qNxX said:

Assuming we only mined two and a half days on a 1080 Ti, would that mean we can fill the remaining 5£ up with other means of payment? Sounds like an interesting idea though and can't hurt since it's optional.

Yes, what you mine gets deposited into your account credit on this site. So at the checkout you could pay £5 from your mined account credit and the remaining balance using Paypal.

On 22/10/2017 at 9:19 AM, Scarletblanks said:
It's still possible to mine effectively with GPU in this day?
Honestly sounds like a good idea, I tried mining with BitMinter client before, didn't get me anywhere ( GTX 1060 3GB)

Yes it is, but it very much depends on the currency. We intend to build something similar to NiceHash, so that it will pick the most profitable coin to mine based on current market value and hardware capabilities.

On 22/10/2017 at 1:46 PM, fln said:

I think it would be a good idea, but there needs to be some form of safety for the user's GPUs. I know fuck all about cryptomining, apart from that it can be really harmful for hardware.

Ultimately the responsibility will fall on the user. We can't offer any kind of replacement for broken GPUs, it just isn't a good idea.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Was funny that I just seen this subject, I was actually on a Feed The Beast server for Minecraft not to long ago that got a EULA warning from Mojang about their store being to Pay 2 win and they were trying to come up with suggestions on how they can make money from users, and this was actually a topic that came up. As most would guess there was the people that liked it and the people that didnt like it. Mostly the people that didnt like it were the ones that paid their electricity bills themselves, and the ones that did like it were kids that didn't care about mom and dads electricity bill. Myself I really wouldn't do it as paying for the cheat is much cheaper than allowing mining on my machine costing me money for electricity while destroying my graphics cards at the same time.

I think this is a great idea but the only problem would be I feel some people wouldn't understand their limits and might screw up their GPU and then go ahead and try to blame it on you, I think it would be great but I think someone should (when/if this comes out) make a tutorial for people to understand how to do it safely.

7 hours ago, SayPex said:

I think this is a great idea but the only problem would be I feel some people wouldn't understand their limits and might screw up their GPU and then go ahead and try to blame it on you, I think it would be great but I think someone should (when/if this comes out) make a tutorial for people to understand how to do it safely.

Makes me wonder how many programs that people use daily might actually have hidden cryptocurrency miners in them without the end user knowing. 

14 minutes ago, TT30 said:

Well crypto just took a hit...

5a5f50711d657_image(1).thumb.png.7295eb2b7f1c0e86b100cf994614e391.png

That happen litteraly every month so it's nothing new. Money goes down and eventually goes up stabilize itself then go down you learn that in economy. Just got to know when to take your money out if you had some invested in there